Sunday, October 31, 2021

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. Have you ever played with a Ouija Board?

A. Yes, I did, when I was young. I haven't used one as an adult.

2. Favorite horror monster or villain?

A. Cruela DeVille from 101 Dalmations

3. If you were dared to spend the night in a “haunted house”, would you do it?

A. Yes. Not only would I do it, I have done it.

4. Are you superstitious?

A. Not really. I don't throw salt over my shoulder or anything like that. I might occasionally knock on wood for good luck.

5. Do you ever see figures in your peripheral vision?

A. I have seen actual ghosts, in plain view. I don't need to see them in my peripheral vision.

6. Ever made a potion of any sort?

A. Yes.

7. Do you get scared easily?

A. Yes.

8. Have you ever played Bloody Mary?

A. Never heard of it. I thought that was some kind of alcoholic drink.

9. Would you ever go to a graveyard at night?

A. Sure.

10. Would you rather go to a Halloween party or go trick or treating?

A. Trick or treating.

11. Whilst watching scary movies, are you the person who yells at the characters, the person with their eyes covered the whole time, or the person who falls asleep?

A. I don't watch scary movies as a rule, but I would be the person who watches and winces a lot.

(This is one of my favorite Halloween movies - Practical Magic)

12. Favorite scary book?

A. I don't read these much, either. I read Carrie a long time ago, and it stuck with me.

13. How old were you when you saw your first horror movie?

A. I was very young - younger than six - when I saw The Blob on TV. Scared the crap out of me. Later, when I spent the night at my grandparents house, I would get up and watch the late showings of Planet of the Apes movies and a movie called SSSSS, both of which were scary to me. (My brother thought The Wizard of Oz was scary and wouldn't watch it for years because of the flying monkeys.) I saw the Amityville Horror and The Shining at the theater when they came out, but I would have been a teenager then.

14. What was your first Halloween costume?

A. I have no idea.

15. If you could have a spooky Halloween pet (black cat, owl, bat, rat, wolf), what would you pick?

A. I wouldn't want any of them, but if I must choose, I choose the wolf, preferably a nice young cub that I can train.

_______________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.


8 comments:

  1. Practical Magic--I think I need to re-watch that one. Definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want the whole story on #3 and #5... go ahead and email me!!! LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought about a wolf too. I remember petting a few wolves in a truck that a guy used to bring into Sacramento. But right now we are having problems with our un-housebroken 12 year old Chihuahua and the thought of housebreaking a wolf was too much. And I did like rats when we raised them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Practical Magic is one of those books to movies that I almost like the movie better than the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you stayed in a haunted house, then you are brave enough to play Bloody Mary. I am not...hahaha Loved your answers! Hope you had a very Happy Halloween! I would love to hear more about the haunted house.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. MY Darling Sister, I will have you know I have watched "The Wizard of OZ" at least 100 times and those damn Monkey's still bother me!! Practical Magic is my go to jam for a Halloween movie with Hocus Pocus and Halloween Town running really close seconds. I have Ssssss on DVD somewhere if you want it. Cheesy now but great to watch back then. Those ghosts in the little house are still there. I see them quite often in the windows......

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Practical Magic, great movie.

    The Blob...my sister and I used to take piano lessons. We'd go to the teacher's house. When she had her lesson I'd sit in the other room and watch tv, then when I had my lesson she'd watch tv. The I saw The Blob (or rather, parts of it) at the piano teacher's house. I was probably about 9 years old. Scary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’ve seen ghosts, too. I think more people than would ever admit it actually have. It’s the Scots in us. 😉

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.