Saturday, October 02, 2021

Saturday 9: Cheeseburger in Paradise


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Jimmy briefly attempts a healthier diet, which included sunflower seeds, carrot juice, zucchini and bulgur wheat. Do you pay attention to your daily consumption of vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, etc.?

A. I try. I fail.

2) Jimmy sings that he'd like French fries with his burger. Do you prefer to dip your fries or drizzle the ketchup over them?

A. I prefer to dip them. My husband drowns his.

3) Which cheese would make yours a cheeseburger in paradise: American, cheddar, Swiss, bleu, Muenster, or Monterrey Jack?

A. American or cheddar.
 
4) Buffett fans call themselves Parrotheads. Concert attire for a well-dressed Parrothead often includes a Hawaiian shirt and a foam fin hat. What will you be wearing tonight?

A. A nightgown.
 
5) For someone with such an easygoing and laidback vibe, Jimmy is a very busy man. His business ventures include liquors, restaurants and hotels. He's also published eight books. All this in addition to making music! On a scale of 1 to 10 -- with 1 being lazy and 10 being highly motivated -- how would you rate yourself this morning?

A. Incredibly depressed. I'm not sure where that falls on a laziness scale. I will still change the bed linens, do laundry, and other things, so I guess a 5.

6) Jimmy has some very famous fans. Paul McCartney asked him to play at one of his parties, and Barack Obama invited him to perform at a fundraiser. If you could invite anyone -- anyone at all! -- to play at your party, who would you ask?

A. Melissa Etheridge, Bonnie Raitt, Sheryl Crow, and Dolly Parton, all of them at the age when they were at their best. Wouldn't that be a foursome?

7) Jimmy was born on Christmas Day. Does your birthday fall on a major holiday? If yes, do you mind "sharing" your special day?

A. My birthday does not fall on a special day.

8) In 1978, the year this song was popular, the Susan B. Anthony Dollar was first minted. The initial design was not a hit with the public because vending machines could not accept it. What's the last thing you bought from a vending machine?

A. I have no idea. I haven't been near a vending machine in a long time.

9) Random question -- If today's your birthday, your zodiac sign is Libra. When did you last check your horoscope?

A. I read it in the paper this morning, but I have already forgotten what it said. So I looked up another one. It says this for October 2, 2021:


Gemini Horoscope
Clinging rigidly to a particular agenda or schedule could be frustrating now. That's why it's in your best interests to release your tight grip on the reins of life. There can be no harm in allowing yourself to drift or become immersed in a self-created world briefly. You could be pleasantly surprised at where you end up.


Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go fall into my self-created world for a while and see if I can cheer myself up with unicorn farts and rainbow slides.

_______________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however. 

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're depressed. Your women of music are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unicorn farts and rainbow slides. Can I come too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes to #6, they would make a great band.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you'd pick Melissa Etheridge!

    I hope your day picks up. You deserve to be happy. You're a nice woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you start feeling better. I know when Josh is depressed, it is so hard for him to come out of it. He has been doing good lately. I think his job has helped him so much.
    You are way more motivated than me! You go girl.
    Your singers are all amazing! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too...so sorry you're depressed. But your concert would definitely cheer you up.
    Your birthday does fall on a special day -- Your Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd pay big bucks to see that foursome. BIG.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my...I hope the unicorn farts worked! It has seemed to me that the isolation of the last year and a half has been harder for you than the rest of us and I've worried about you. I know you aren't a believer, but I am praying for you and your peace of mind. And yes, that would be one heck of a foursome! I hope I get an invite to that party!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.