Sunday, September 12, 2021

Sunday Stealing


1. Who do you take for granted?

A. Hopefully no one. That said, I have been married for 38 years, so it is easy to think my husband will be there every morning when I wake up. However, since he was a firefighter we were always careful to not have arguments when he was on call, or to make up quickly if he were. I always knew he could be killed at any time. That hasn't really changed, because farming is not exactly safe work.

2. Short, knee, or ankle skirts? (if a man, have you ever worn kilts?)

A. No skirt, but if I wear one, it is usually to my ankles. They apparently don't make knee-length skirts for short fat people unless you pull them all the way up to your neck.

3. Do you wear a hat?

A. No. I used to love hats, but I quit wearing them a long time ago. I was married in a hat with a veil on it. My mother hated that hat but I loved it.

4. Who's your favorite cartoon character?

A. Bugs Bunny. I learned a lot from that rascally rabbit.

5. Does break dancing impress you?

A. It's interesting and I wish I could move like that. I don't know that it "impresses" me but it is rather fascinating.

6. Are you a miracle?

A. No.

7. Have you ever eaten tofu?

A. Yes, and it was awful. Every now and then I go on a health binge and buy some, try to fix some recipe, and it is totally inedible. I know I am not the world's greatest cook, but that stuff is simply awful.

8. Does the moon have an effect on your mood?

A. Maybe. I know it has an effect on some parts of me. 

9. Many people will say that the Harry Potter books are pure fluff with no literary value. Do you agree?

A. That's a judgmental statement. They have helped kids like books and read, so that is great value right there. I would not call them great literature, but they have literary value.

10. What are you doing next Wednesday?

A. There's nothing on my calendar, so I'm sure it will be a day of laundry and perhaps a trip to pick up groceries.

11. Why do so many people think Elvis is still alive?

A. For the same reason so many people won't take the Covid-19 vaccine. 

12. Are your hands cold?

A. Not at the moment, but they frequently are.
               
13. Have you ever given blood?

A. When I was much younger I gave blood. 

14. What sci-fi books do you read?

A. I just finished Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451. I can't believe I never read that before. I've been going back and picking up some of the older novels that I somehow overlooked. I recently read Dune as well. But generally I do not read science fiction, as I prefer fantasy. I have gone through periods where I've read series books, like Star Trek, though.

15. Have you ever belonged to a sorority or a fraternity?

A. I belonged to what was called the Pinnacle Honor Society. I was one of the first members of this at my college. It is a society set up specifically for older women who return to the college for their degree. I don't think it is national, I think it's something specific to the college I attended. I did not live on campus, so of course I did not belong to a sorority.

_______________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

6 comments:

  1. I loved Fahrenheit 451. Such a great book. I agree with you on the Harry Potter books. They are not my thing, but I have also heard the stories about kids learning to read because of them, so I think that is great. Loved your answers! Have a nice day.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your answer to #2 made me smile. I am 5'4"-5'5" and I have a hard time finding stuff that's the right length. Regulars are often too long and petites are too short. Why do they assume if you are fat you are also 6 feet tall?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of your Pinnacle Honor Society.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I catch up on paperwork on Wednesday. I do laundry on Sunday. Isn't it funny how we fall into these patterns?

    ReplyDelete
  5. #4 - Wascally Wabbit surely?

    #11 - totally true.

    #14 - I've never read Dune. It's on the list.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not been able to give blood. The first time I tried I was anemic. The other time I was turned away because I did not meet the weight requirement.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.