Saturday, September 11, 2021

Saturday 9: Jose Cuervo


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here
 
1) In this song, Shelly West sings that she woke up late on a sunny morning. How's the weather in your part of the world?

A. It's cooled down from the 90s and 100s, but the humidity remains a little high.

2) She wonders if she started any fights while under the influence. Who's the last person you quarreled with?

A. I'm sure I snapped at my husband for something or another. That's what married people do.
 
3) OK, margaritas for everyone! Shelly sings that she likes hers with salt. What's your order? Classic or strawberry? Salt or sugar on the rim?

A. Um. I don't drink. Can I please just have a strawberry icy?

4) Jose Cuervo was a real person. He was one of the first to put tequila in bottles instead of barrels. Since bottles are easier to ship, it was a good decision. Tell us about a recent choice you're glad you made.

A. I started walking on the treadmill again.

5) This week's featured artist, Shelly West, decided upon a career in music while still very young. She went on the road and sang backup for her mom, country music legend Dottie West, when she was still in her teens. When Sam was in her teens, she really didn't give her professional future that much thought. How about you? Did you already have career ambitions when you were in your teens?

A. I always wanted to be a writer, but was never encouraged to do it except occasionally by a free-thinking teacher. My mother wanted me to be a secretary like her. My father wanted me to work for him. I wanted to go to college. It was a battle of wills. No one won, really.
 
6) In 1983, the year this song was popular, Sally Ride became the first American woman in space. Do you ever fantasize about being an astronaut?

A. I do, although I did it more when I was younger. Now I'm a bit old for space travel, I suspect. But what an adventure that would be! I'd want to head toward a distant galaxy, knowing I'd never return to Earth.

7) Also in 1983, quarterback Aaron Rodgers was born. The NFL season is just kicking off. Do you have high hopes for your team this year?

A. I don't have a team. But go University of Virginia!

8) In 1983, Motorola introduced the first cell phone. Do you have an easy time adapting to new technology?

A. Generally. Sometimes it throws me, and the older I am the weirder some of it seems.

9) Think of the last potato chip you had. Was it plain, sea salt, barbecue, sour cream and onion, etc.?

A. It was a Lays Baked Potato Chip. Those are the only kind I can eat.

_______________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however. 

7 comments:

  1. My first cell phone was a Motorola. I think I still have it somewhere. I love Lays Potato Chips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #8 We are entitled to be a "little weird" in our older years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, that is what married people do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you on the treadmill! I bet it makes you feel better, doesn't it? Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cheer for Virginia Tech, since it's where my sister lives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the baked chips. Before I had my gallbladder out, I could only eat the baked ones too.
    Great job on walking on the treadmill! It always gives me energy to do that. Loved your answers. Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep thinking I should get on the treadmill again and maybe I wouldn't be so achy all the time, but never do. I'd have to put on shoes first...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.