Friday, September 03, 2021

Night Moves

Last night was a beautiful, crisp, clear night. I went out to shoot photos in the darkness, because that is something I'm still learning how to do.

The Milky Way was visible above me - it has been a long time since I've seen the Milky Way. Venus was shining brightly low on the western horizon. My camera isn't strong enough to capture it looking light a planet, but I can view it and see that it is a planet through the camera lens. The Big Dipper was holding water above a tree.

The still was broken by the sound of an occasional low of a cow, a branch breaking as some unknown critter wandered nearby. The night smelled fresh and new because we'd had rain up until yesterday, so the pollen count was down. 

It was a lovely time to be outside.

Venus above the tree line.

No idea how I ended up with these straight lines, but they're pretty cool.

A 15-minute star trail capture, aimed at the Milky Way.

The Big Dipper

Me playing around with lighting. If you look closely you will see the Big Dipper above the green
space. I was shining a flashlight on a tree just to see what would happen. I think it's neat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.