Thursday, August 12, 2021

Thursday Thirteen

Childhood games and toys! I doubt many of these are still played or played with these days.

1. Hide and seek.

2. Dodge ball.

3. Red Rover

4. Jacks (or Jax, I've sometimes seen it spelled)

5. Hop Scotch

6. Lite-Brite

7. Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots

8. Silly Putty

9. Spirograph

10. Freeze Tag

11. Kick the Can

12. Mother, May I?

13. Battle Ship!

Others: Lincoln Logs, Barrel of Monkeys, Operation, Slinky


_______________________
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 718th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

6 comments:

  1. I played all of those except Rock'em Sock'em My favorite school yard game was tetherball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have all the main ones. We used to play a game with a ball against a all called 7-up for hours and hours. Also, I just remembered Johnny on the Spot, a nighttime hide and seek flashlight game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure they are! A lot of those are played regularly still. I always see chalk hop-scotch on the sidewalks. I played most on your list. Not familiar with Red Rover except there's a response about "coming over," I think. I'm not sure if Kick the Can has rules, but kicking rocks as we walked along was a "thing," still is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My neighborhood growing up was perfect for childhood games. There was a lot of Kick the Can and Ghost in the Graveyard during summer nights!

    http://inmywords.kimdeister.com/2021/08/12/thursday-13-words-for-things/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this list! Red Rover was my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, I hated Red Rover with a passion. Dodge ball is still played. The high schools do tournaments in the school. Or, at least they did in the before times.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.