Sunday, August 22, 2021

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. Has anyone ever made fun of your taste in music?

A. Not really. My father occasionally makes reference to "that stuff you like" as opposed to his country music, but I ignore him.

2. Do you have Pop-tarts in your house right now?

A. Yes, I think there are plain blueberry ones in the closet. They may be out of date, though.

3. Does someone owe you over twenty dollars?

A. No.

4. When was the last time you burned any part of your body?

A. I burned my finger a while back, but it has been a long time since I had any kind of serious burn.

5. What kind of booze did you last take shots of?

A. I don't drink. The last alcohol I had was in 2012, when I drank some wine to celebrate my graduation for my masters degree.

6. If you could see any musician live, front row, who would you choose?

A. Melissa Etheridge. I was supposed to see her before Covid, and the show was cancelled several times, and they refunded my money. She's rescheduled but it's for September and I am not going into a small crowded venue right now, so I didn't re-purchase tickets.

7. If I gave you ten dollars, what would you spend it on?

A. A book.

8. Does / did either of your parents serve in the military?

A. My father was in the Army.

9. Do you like sour candy?

A. Not particularly.

10. What do you do to stay awake when you’re tired?

A. Get up and move around.

11. Do you wear your shoes around the house?

A. I always wear shoes of some kind. I hate going barefoot.

12. Is there ever a time that you enjoy cold showers?

A. I almost always turn the hot water to cold and try to stay under it for over 30 seconds when I shower. I read that cold water helped build your immune system. I didn't see where it would hurt anything to give it a try.

13. Are you good at filling silence in awkward situations?

A. I like to let the silence build until it explodes. I always got the best quotes that way when I was doing interviews.

14. Any TV shows you sit down weekly to watch?

A. At the moment, we've been watching Deadliest Catch. Supergirl comes back on this week. TV really doesn't hold my attention much.

15. Are you one to sneak food into movie theaters?

A. I have been known to take a bottle of water and a candy bar into the theater, yes. They charge astronomical prices for stuff in there.

_______________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.


8 comments:

  1. That is definitely a great interviewing technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't answer this time but enjoyed your answers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I could get used to even 30 seconds of a cold shower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember learning that technique somewhere...the allowing silence to build thing. Most people hate the awkward silence so much that they start babbling to fill it. Maybe I read it in a book on crime? I have it in mind that police use it to get information. There isn't much on TV that holds my attention these days, either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy a blueberry pop tart on occasion too. Loved your answers! Have a great day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard the 30 seconds of cold shower theory before. I wonder if it works?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to train myself to let silence build when doing an interview, but it certainly is an excellent way to get quotes, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I usually ask questions to break the silence but I feel awkward in interview scenarios (having done a few technical job interviews). I tend to start such things off by asking about how they are and what they like to do in order to get the ball rolling; that helps and I find that they interviewee is more outgoing in such circumstances. For a newspaper interview, I have to confess, I would feel very awkward.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PN

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.