Sunday, August 01, 2021

Sunday Stealing


1. Have you ever driven drunk or even slightly buzzed?

A. Not since I was about 19 years old, which was a long time ago.

2. What was the funniest moment in your life?

A. My wedding night. As my husband and I were making our get-away from the country club, my husband ran right over my uncle, who was video taping our happy day.  The video tape ended with a view of us coming out the door and then it panned to the roof and the sky as my uncle hit the ground. It wasn't intentional. He shouldn't have been standing in front of the door. He wasn't hurt, and it's a funny end to the video.

3. What kind of things really make you laugh?

A. Depends on my mood. My husband can almost always make me laugh.

4. If you could jump into a pool full of something, what would it be?

A. Water. Sorry. I'm just not into jumping into pools full of things.

5. Which habit are you proudest of breaking?

A. I stopped biting my nails during the pandemic! I have to keep them cut very short, and sometimes I pick at the edges of them, but I have stopped biting them.

6. Which animal do you find the sexiest of all?

A. The jaguar. I mean, the way that cat moves, how could it not be sexy?

7. What’s the weirdest nickname you've ever had?

A. When I was in the sixth grade, the kids called me "computer head" because I made straight As. In fact, I did so much better than the rest of the class, the teacher regularly gave me grades of 110 or 120 so she could grade the rest of the class on a curve.

8. What do you wish you were really good at?

A. Being a person.

9. If you were a dog, what kind of dog would you be?

A. A lazy one.

10. What’s the most spontaneous thing you've ever done?

A. I went for an airplane ride over my county when I was working on a story for the newspaper. I think I've told this story before. He was known to be a drinker, and I went up in a two-seater plane with him. We flew all over the county. This was in the era before cell phones and I was missing for hours. My husband was livid when he finally found out where I was and who I'd been with and what we'd done, but I was pretty psyched about the plane ride.

11. If you had a time machine, would you go back in time or visit the future?

A. I would go into the future. I want to see if we make it.

12. What was the last show you binge-watched?

A. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, season 3. I don't binge-watch shows much.

13. If you had to rename yourself, what name would you choose?

A. Susan. I always liked that name.

14. What did you do during the summers when you were growing up?

A. My brother and I stayed with my grandmother. We rode bikes, played in the river when we weren't supposed to, played army soldiers, made clover chains, mowed the yard for my grandfather, played on an old swing set, went to the movies, roller skated in the street, had a fruit and vegetable stand and a lemonade stand, and read comic books.

15. If you go to a restaurant and have terrible service, is it ever OK not to tip?

A. If I have terrible service, I ask for the manager and explain the problem. Whether or not I would tip would depend on the problem and whether or not it was resolved.

_______________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

5 comments:

  1. I love your answer to #8.

    Me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plane ride sounds like quite an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. kind of felt what it was like for you as a kid... good description

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Such a good show.
    I am kind of with you and Bev on #11. It would be interesting to see how all of this covid stuff shakes out. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story for #2. :o)

    I too would go to the future. I want to go somewhere that is new, exciting and unknown.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.