Tuesday, August 31, 2021

August 31 Happiness Challenge

It is early, but I am happy this morning because my husband was able to get three more physical therapy visits from our insurance company.

This is health care by insurance company. The doctor sent him to physical therapy, and the insurance company is allotting his visits three at a time. He needs to be going twice a week but can't because of this. Yet some people think this is great health care.

Anyway, he had been waiting on word on three more visits and it came late yesterday, and the physical therapist could see him at 8 a.m. this morning. So not only is he getting his physical therapy, I have a morning alone! I appreciate my alone time.

Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.

3 comments:

  1. I'm rolling my eyes at the insurance company knowing what's better for your husband than his doctor. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my daughter had breast cancer, it was like pulling teeth to get what the doctor wanted her to hage from the insurance company, and sometimes she was denied things the doctor wanted her to have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PT is happy. Alone time is happy. Insurance ... not so happy.

    The only time I had a similar experience was when I had bone spurs back in 1999. The doctor had to try a really weak procedure for several days before she could give me medication because it was "insurance protocol." So I was in pain and unable to walk for days, enduring something I could tell she didn't believe would work, because the insurance company wasn't ready to spring for the meds just yet, not until the cheaper alternative (ace bandages, epsom salts and Tylenol, I believe) had been exhausted. Not a pleasant memory.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.