Thursday, July 08, 2021

Thursday Thirteen

Things I've learned -

1. Once a black sheep, always the black sheep. But you can ignore the role and move ahead anyway.

2. Liars lie without thinking about it. Sometimes they believe it themselves.

3. The only thing that stays the same is change.

4. Gut instinct should be listened to, not ignored.

5. Everyone has something to teach you. Sometimes the lessons are subtle, though.

6. Success is how you define it. Screw everyone else's definition.

7. It's ok to make a mistake. It's how we learn.

8. Being nice is the best way to get through life. It may not get you far, but it will keep your conscience clean.

9. There is no point in comparing yourself to other people. We all have our own journey.

10. Take care of your health. It's the most important thing you have, besides time.

11. The word "should" is unhealthy. Maybe I should, maybe I shouldn't, but it's not a good word to use, especially when giving or receiving advice.

12. Anticipation is sometimes better than the actual event. Of course, sometimes the event is worse than anticipated.

13. Fake people are not good people, and they aren't people I want to spend much time with.



Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 713th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

7 comments:

  1. Say what you mean but don't say it mean! Time, health and family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've learned a lot of good lessons! It's scary to think that liars just lie, it's just in their nature without thinking. #11 is true, it's something taught in therapy. No "should." Not for yourselves, nor in giving advice to others.
    Nice is probably the best thing a person can be. I so agree with #12. I think it's that way about vacations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love every single one of these. Wise, wise words! So good!
    http://inmywords.kimdeister.com/2021/07/08/thursday-13-favorite-covers/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone once told me to stop "shoulding" all over myself. It's a good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I really like #6. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an excellent list. I especially like #6.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.