Monday, July 19, 2021

The Nephew Builds a House

My nephew has started construction on his new home. It is on the hill on the farm across the road from ours.

I look directly at it out of my office window.

This was the view (the photo is from about 10 years ago):



And now this is the view:




Those scars in the earth is where his house will be as they've started the foundation. 

I am excited for him. He is only 25 years old, so this is a big step for a young man. He has a two-year old daughter whom I did not get to see much of during the pandemic and he and his wife are expecting another child. It will be fun to look out my window and watch tiny little figures playing on that hillside.

He's a fine young man. He visits us when he can (not during the pandemic, of course, but he's coming around now when he has a minute, and bringing his little girl). He asks my husband for advice about many things. He's a hands-on, outside kind of man, much like my husband. He likes to get dirty and he enjoys working. He also is very much in love with his little girl. She adores her daddy, too. That is so nice to see.

Had we had children, I would hope a boy would have turned out much like my nephew, as he takes after his uncle in many ways. He even has hands like my husband's (big with long fingers).

I am so glad one of the nephews wanted to live on the farm.

Changes always. Change is good. 

Life goes on.

1 comment:

  1. That is nice that you will have family nearby. When you say farm, do you mean the land you own? I am a city girl. There is no beautiful land here in my city. I love your pictures! I am sorry you could not have any children.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.