Tuesday, June 08, 2021

They Say It's My Birthday!

Today is my birthday!

I've circled the sun 58 times! Whoo wee! I am old.












Being old is not so bad. It's not great, but I know a lot more now than I once did. I don't think I'll ever get to travel like I'd once hoped to, but that's ok. I'm a homebody anyway.

I share my birthday with Joan Rivers, Barbara Bush, Nancy Sinatra, and a bunch of very young famous people whom I do not know.

This is the 159th day of the year. Or maybe the 160th in a leap year.

In 1949 on June 8, George Orwell's book, 1984, was published.

Being born on June 8 means I am a Gemini. And boy does that fit! You ever know if I will be smiling or swinging a punch.

"Gemini is known for their quick thinking and their expressive nature. Geminis are individuals animated by an intense curiosity that takes them to new and unchartered horizons. Gemini personality traits include being sympathetic, sociable, intelligent and adaptable in every type of situation."

"Gemini women are very passionate about life but are very hesitant when it comes to love. Due to their intelligence and indecisiveness, Gemini women agonize about the important decisions in their life. If you're dating a Gemini woman, be patient with her; it may take her longer to commit to a serious relationship. However, Gemini women are very witty and outgoing; you'll always have fun spending time with a Gemini woman."

My brother and husband are also Geminis, as was my mother, my maternal grandmother, and my paternal grandfather. Lots of June birthdays in our family.

So far I've received about 100 Happy Birthday's on Facebook, a Wonder Woman mug from a friend, and a little patio table from my husband. And lots of texts, too.

It's nice to have a special day!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!!! I enjoyed your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never realized or paid attention to how much you and your brother look alike. The second picture, when you were young ,looks like your brother in a long wig when he was younger. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday from one Gemini to another. I had my special day a few days before you on the 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday. As my oldest friend says to me, "Remember, no matter how old you get, I'm still older. It's a service I provide."

    I'm glad the bear stopped by to celebrate with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be 48 in November. I hope your birthday was grand :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.