Sunday, June 06, 2021

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. When is the last time you went out to a meal with someone special? Tell us about it.

A. Well, we've had this pandemic thing going on since March 2020. Prior to that, in November 2019, my husband had ankle surgery. So I guess the last time I had a really nice meal out was September 2019, when my husband and I were at Myrtle Beach on holiday.

2. Show us a picture of your favorite cuisine.

A. I don't have a favorite cuisine.

3. What is the funniest thing a man/woman has said to you lately?

A. The only person I see mostly is my husband, and while we laugh a lot, nothing specific comes to mind. So I'll tell you an old joke.

The woman went into a pet store looking for a companion. Her husband was always at work and he was a bit surly, so she thought an animal would help. As she browsed the aisles, she came across a strange looking creature. "What's that?" she asked. "That's a wooly bugger," the pet store owner said. "Watch." He pointed to a trash can. "Wooly bugger, trash can," he said. The wooly bugger raced out of its cage and tore the trash can to bits. "Wooly bugger, door," the man said. The wooly bugger raced over and tore the door to little strips of wood. "I'll take him!" said the woman. She took her new pet home and set him on the table, leaving the cage door open. Her husband came in from work and looked at the thing sitting where he should have his dinner. "What is that?" he demanded. "It's a wooly bugger," she replied. "Wooly bugger my ass!" said the man. And the wooly bugger leaped.

4. What makes a gentleman a gentleman in today’s dating world? Are there any left?

A. I don't date. I'm married. But I don't see much gentlemanly behavior in the men around me, except for an occasional exception here and there.

5. Is there anything you won’t tolerate when out to dinner with your significant other?

A. I prefer that he wait and chew his tobacco when we're in the car.

6. What type of ambiance do you enjoy in an eating establishment?

A. Quiet so I can hear and have a conversation without loud music or lots of noise.

7. Tell us about the worst public dining experience you ever had, whether it be a date or with your family.

A. I can't think of one. We're picky about where we eat and have been known to leave establishments that did not meet standards.

8. What is the lamest or rudest thing a man/woman has said to you lately?

A. Again, pandemic.

9. Are you a good tipper?

A. Yes.

10. Do you ask for doggie bags when you leave food on your plate at a restaurant?

A. It depends. Generally I do not.

11. What is your pet peeve about restaurants and dining out in general?

A. Open wide spaces that look like industrial zones, which makes them so loud you can't have a conversation.

12. Do you prefer to order yourself or do you ever let your significant other order for you?

A. I order for myself.

13. Describe your most intimate romantic dinner ever. (fantasy or real)

A. My husband proposed in the Coach & Four, a fancy dining spot in Roanoke. We were in a booth and he pulled the ring out of his boot, moved from his seat to stand beside me, got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I said, "yes" and the entire room clapped and cheered, which embarrassed him but I thought it was sweet.

14. Do you enjoy piano bars?

A. I have never been in one so I couldn't say.

15. If you could go anywhere in the world for dinner, where would it be and who would you be with?

A. I suppose a nice evening out in Paris somewhere with my husband would be romantic.


 _______________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

4 comments:

  1. The Wooly Bugger joke is funny. I love the proposal story too. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hesitate to say anything that begins with "Wooly Bugger" But a funny joke.

    I've never understood chewing tobacco. It always looks so gross.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woolly bugger - I had to laugh at that term - we use the word "bugger" a lot in the UK - not is a pleasant way.

    I have never met anyone who chews tobacco.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.