Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Revisiting Wonder Woman 1984

When Wonder Woman 1984 debuted at Christmas, I watched it on HBO Max. 

My review is here. I gave it three stars and had multiple complaints about the film.

All of those complaints are valid, but we watched the movie again Saturday night, when it came out on HBO.

And I liked it.

It wasn't as good as the 2017 Wonder Woman, but the movie was better than I remembered it being. Perhaps this was because I'd already seen it and had lower expectations.

Or perhaps this time I watched for the nuances that made the movie better, and found them.

All I know is, I like this movie much better than I thought I did. I still give it 3 stars, but as movies go, I have seen much, much worse.

I have read that the director, Patty Jenkins, is no longer on the writing team for the third film. I suspect this is a good thing. She may be a great director, but she's not an action film writer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.