Sunday, March 21, 2021

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing


1. What was an unforgettable day in your life?

A. My wedding day. The ceremony went off without any problems (though someone later told me it was too long) and the reception afterwards went well. I was a nervous wreck, of course, but in the end I had my sweetie, and here we are heading towards 38 years of marriage.

2. What are your favorite snacks?

A. It used to be chocolate, but I cannot eat chocolate anymore. Right now the best I can do for a snack is Baked Lays potato chips.

3. What is your biggest fashion accessory?

A. I am not into fashion, but I suppose earrings and my wedding band would have to be my biggest fashion accessory.

4. What is your biggest celebrity crush?

A. I don't really have one at the moment. Bette Midler is a hoot on twitter. I admire Viggo Mortenson but don't really care for the roles he's chosen aside from Aragorn in Lord of the Rings. He is quite a renaissance man, though.

5. Name one hobby you would like to learn.

A. I would like to learn . . . oh gosh, I can't think of anything I haven't at least tried once. I suppose I would like to be able to draw well, but I already know I don't.

6. What are your OCD habits?

A. The worst habit is checking that I've turned off things like the computer and the curling iron. I have driven halfway to where I was going and turned around to check on that sort of thing. I suspect eating is an OCD habit, because when I am bored, tired, nervous, or lonely, I reach for something to put in my mouth. I was a nail-biter, but I have stopped that this past year. It took a pandemic to cure me of that. I keep them trimmed very short, though, and I still sometimes chew on the skin around the nail.

7. What would you like to eat if you knew it was your last meal?

A. If I knew it was my last meal, I doubt I could eat much. But perhaps some chocolate cake.

8. Are you working on your fitness?

A. I am watching what I eat and trying to get back into walking, but I am far too sedentary.

9. What do you spend money on?

A. Books, if the question means items that aren't household related. Otherwise, the usual things like food, medicine, electricity, and the phone bills.

10. What is your favorite recipe?

A. Seven-layer salads are easy and can be whipped up with whatever is on hand, so long as there is lettuce. I also like to make fudge.

11. What is the best part of each season?

A. In spring, the best part is the beauty as the plants flower and turn green. In summer, the best part is thunderstorms. In fall, the best part is the autumn colors and the cooling down of temperatures. In winter, the best part is when it is over.

12. What is a life lesson you've learned?

A. I have learned that not everyone is going to be your friend, and some people you thought were friends turn out not to be. Trust is not something I hand over lightly anymore. Even a friend of 20 years can suddenly turn on you for no apparent reason.

13. What is your inspiration to blog?

A. I blog because I enjoy it. I initially started it as a creative outlet as something different from the news writing I was doing for work, and have kept it up. I don't have a lot of readers and it is not anything that brings in money, but I enjoy it.

14. What’s inside your closet?

A. Clothes.

15. What can you brag about?

A. I have won numerous awards for writing. I had a long career as a news writer and news photographer, publishing over 7,500 stories and photos. I've been writing this blog for going on 17 years. I have a good marriage and I have people I love in my life.


_______________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

9 comments:

  1. I like your answers, especially #1 and #15.
    Enjoy your Sunday.

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, summer thunderstorms - I love those too. We don't get enough of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the same answer for winter. ;) And I forgot to add chocolate cake to my final meal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your inspiration to blog. I enjoy meeting people and getting to know them better.
    I think it is amazing you have done so well with your writing. That is so awesome. I enjoy reading your blog. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our wedding was a high Catholic mass, with a sung Mozart mass, so it was verey long, A guy Walt worked with, who is totally deaf, complained afterwars abut the length of the mass (tho it was beautiful if you could hear it! I had sung in the choir and the choir gave me the mass, with violin accompaniment, as a wedding gift.)

    As for #12, I understand that answer. I have had that experience so often it makes it difficult to make new friends at my age. I read somewhere that "grief rewrites your address book" and I sure found that to be true when I was dealing with the grief of deaths.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Viggo Mortenson was great as Aragorn in the Rings...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed my visit tonight. Your number 12 is something that I can totally relate to. The loss broke my heart. I lost weight from not being able to eat because the stress caused a bad case of acid reflux. So I can relate to not eating chocolate an other things. Congratulations to all that you have accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am very impressed by your "brag",

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.