Sunday, March 28, 2021

Sunday Stealing: Cooking


1. How often do you make food and eat it?

A. I don't "make food," Mother Nature does that. I prepare meals, which I do with great frequency. Every day, actually.

2. Do you consider toasting bread, preparing instant noodles, or boiling an egg to be cooking? Why or why not?

A. Yes, I consider that cooking because it involves food preparation.

3. What’s your favorite dish to make?

A. I don't have one. I do not like to cook.

4. Cooking or baking: what’s more fun? What’s more difficult?

A. Baking is fun, although I consider that a subset of "cooking."
 
5. Who did most of the cooking in your house when you were growing up?

A. My mother. My father sometimes made Sunday breakfast and he did the grilling.

6. How have you learned the cooking skills that you have?

A. Trial and error. My mother attempted to teach me to cook, but I find it an uninteresting past time and something I do not especially like to do.

7. Have you ever taken a cooking course? If so, what did you learn? If not, would you like to do one? What would you like to learn?

I have never taken a cooking course. It would probably be a good thing for me to do, but I don't watch the cooking shows on TV so I'm not sure how much interest I actually have in the topic.

8. Have you tried cooking food from another culture? What did you prepare? How was it?

A. I have prepared stir fry, which I suppose could be considered from another culture. It was fine.

9. Is it cost-effective to do your own cooking? Can you save money by cooking?

A. It is more cost-effective to prepare food at home and eat in then it to go to a restaurant. So yes, it saves money. It becomes rather boring, though.

10. Would you rather do the cooking or do the washing up afterwards?

A. I'd rather not do either.

11. Do you use recipes to cook? If so, where do you get the best recipes? Do you get them from friends, family, online, or from cookbooks?

A. I obtain recipes from my Better Crocker cookbook and online.

12. Have you ever tried to prepare some food and just totally ruined it? What happened?

A. Yes, I have, but I don't remember exactly what it was. I probably overcooked it.

13. Do you prefer cooking at home or eating out at a restaurant? Why?

A. I'd prefer to have a live-in cook but I don't see that as an option.

14. Is cooking a social activity for you? Do you like to do it with other people, or do your prefer to do it alone?

A. I prefer not to do it at all.

15. Do you have a lot of cooking equipment? How often do you use it all? Do you have any pieces of equipment that you rarely ever use?

A. I have removed most of the items I never used. I do not have what I would consider "a lot" or even the proper things with which to cook. I have wondered at times if I would like to prepare meals more if I had the appropriate equipment, but since I'm not sure what that is, I don't suppose I will ever know.

_______________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

9 comments:

  1. I like your answers.
    I definitely agree on #2.
    My Dad did the summer grilling.
    Have a great Sunday.

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to cook but now had no one to cook for. If I cook for myself I have to eat the same meal for a few days. I am trying to learn to adjust for just me but it is hard when I went from cooking for 6 to 3 to now 1.I guess I’ll eventually get the hang of it! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a fan of cooking either. I would love to have a live-in cook as well.
    I wish I loved cooking. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always liked to cook, which is, I guess, why I found this set of questions so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a well-stocked kitchen in terms of pots, pans, and appliances. I used to LOVE to cook and bake when it was for more people. For just myself it's way too much hassle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A live in cook? Yes, that would be nice. I'd like to have "people."

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am like you, cooking is not a favorite. Luckily I am married to a man that likes to cook so I clean up after.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can do a mean stir fry too. That is my second most cooked dish.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.