Saturday, March 06, 2021

Saturday 9: Birthday


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Katy Perry sings that she wants to give her lover something good to celebrate every day. What is making you happy this fine Saturday?

A. My husband is receiving his Covid-19 vaccination! Yay!

2) The video is all about baking a birthday cake. When did you most recently enjoy something home baked? Were you the baker?

A. My husband made a cherry cobbler. It's a firehouse recipe. I could only eat a little of it because of my stomach issues, but it was good.

3) Tell us a memory from one of your birthdays.

A. My mother made me a cake shaped like a butterfly.

4) This week's song shares nothing but the title with a Beatles song. (Here's a video of Paul McCartney performing it live.) Can you think of another title that's been used by more than one song?

A. Jump. It was performed by the Pointer Sisters. Jump was performed by Van Halen. Two different songs.

5) Similarly, this week's featured artist was born Kathryn Hudson and called Katy Hudson until she changed her name to Katy Perry to avoid confusion with the actress Kate Hudson. Have you ever met anyone else with your same name?

A. My cousin has the same first name as I do. There is another person in the area with my first name and last name; I know this because I heard her being paged at the hospital one day while I was there, and the library sometimes asks me which person I am when I am checking out a book and don't have my card with me. But I have not met her.

6) Katy and actor Orlando Bloom became parents to a baby girl in 2020. Bloom is best known for his work in the Lord of the Rings and Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Are you a fan of either of those film series?

A. I am a fan of the Lord of the Rings series. I bet no one could have guessed that.

7) In 2014, the year this song was popular, Prince William toured the United States and attended his first NBA game (Nets vs. Cavaliers). What's the most recent sporting event that you watched?

A. NASCAR.

8) Also in 2014, Joan Rivers died. While best-known for making us laugh, she was a very successful entrepreneur, selling jewelry on QVC. Have you ever ordered anything from TV?

A. Not that I recall.

9) Random question -- Have you ever been told you talk too much?

A. No. My parents told me that, I'm sure, but most people think I am too quiet.

______________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.

7 comments:

  1. I saw Lord of the Rings, but I am actually a Star Wars fan. Glad to hear your husband is getting his vaccine. When do you get yours? We get our 2nd next Saturday. We plan to make some chicken soup ahead of time. I heard it can be rough for some for a couple of days. Enjoy your weeked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your answer to #2, what a thoughtful guy!
    What a memory to keep, a cake shaped like a butterfly.
    You are right, I wouldn't have guessed that you are a
    fan of the Lord Of The Rings series.
    Have a great day.

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so excited for you and your husband! It must be such a relief to get that "shot in the arm."

    You understood the song question! Great answer, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for your husband on getting his vaccine! I have signed up, educators can start on the 15th. They will get with me. The school is trying to set up a clinic right there at the school. Loved your answers. Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be getting my vaccine Tuesday! I'm so excited.

    Cherry cobbler sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember the butterfly cake. IT was blue and yellow? I have a picture someplace of it. I think I had one with a boat on it that year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.