Friday, March 05, 2021

He's Getting a Shot!

My husband goes tomorrow for his Johnson & Johnson one-and-done Covid-19 shot. This is great news, as neither of us have been able to navigate Virginia's incredibly poor system to schedule this much-needed vaccine.

I will go with him, of course, in case he has any issues, and for moral support.

While we are both under 65, we have co-morbidities that put us in the 1b category, and thus eligible for the vaccine. Virginia's roll-out was, well, bad. The sign-ups were left to individual health districts. There was not a state-wide sign up, and there was no confirmation once you signed up that you actually *were* signed up.

Then it came down to who got to their email fastest with a link to get into one of the clinics offering the shots. Next, it was whoever signed into the CVS sight fast enough.

Virginia wised up and created a stable database, and my husband received an email for the J&J shot clinic this weekend. Had a friend not alerted me that the emails were going out, I would not have been fast enough to get him in - as it was, there were only two time openings left when I hit one, and then I sweated through several pages of required information before I hit the button and his appointment was confirmed.

Having one of us protected will help. His mother has already had the shot, so he will feel more comfortable being around her and he can run errands without as much worry.

My doctor very emphatically simply told me if I caught Covid, I would die. So I have mostly stayed home. Of course, she's also sure I am going to die of a heart attack. She just doesn't know if that will be tomorrow or 30 years from now.

My husband is glad he is getting the one-time shot. As the weather warms up, he will have less time to tend to such things as getting a second shot.


1 comment:

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.