Saturday, February 06, 2021

Saturday 9: Waiting for Tonight


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Jennifer Lopez anticipates a night of unbridled passion with the love of her life. What are you waiting for tonight? (No pressure; it doesn't have to be as thrilling as hers.)

A. Rain/sleet/snow and time to read.

2) She sings that she's glad she's beyond those nights that found her tossing and turning alone in her bed. Did you enjoy restful sleep last night?

A. I did.

3) Whatever Jennifer has planned for tonight, it won't include alcohol. She never drinks liquor. What's the last adult beverage you enjoyed?

A. I don't drink adult beverages. I haven't had anything but water since Thanksgiving.

4) Ms. Lopez performed "Waiting for Tonight" during last year's Super Bowl halftime show. Will you be watching The Big Game this weekend?

A. Probably not.

5) Speaking of this weekend, The Weekend will headline the Super Bowl 2021 halftime show. Are you a fan of his?

A. I don't know who that is.

6) Super Bowl Sunday is the #1 day for guacamole consumption in the US. When did you most recently eat something with avocado in it?

A. Years ago.

7) Chicken wings are a popular Super Bowl dish, too. When did you most recently eat chicken? How was it prepared?

A. I eat a lot of chicken because it is one of the few things I can tolerate at the moment. It was a roasted chicken, cooked at the grocery store.

8) This year, fast food chain Chipotle will run their first-ever Super Bowl ad. Do you pay closer attention to commercials during the Super Bowl?

A. I used to, but I don't anymore. Usually they premiere on youtube before the Super Bowl anyway.

9) Random question: Are you more likely to pretend to be more naïve than you really are, or more sophisticated?

A. More naïve. When I was a news reporter, I found people were flattered if they thought they were explaining things to me that I already knew, at least up to a point. With my southern accent, I couldn't fake sophistication even if I wanted to.

______________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.
 

11 comments:

  1. Hi CountryDew:
    We are also expecting some snow.
    I don't drink adult beverages either.
    I enjoyed your answers.
    Have a great Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #9 -- Very perceptive answer. I'm privately amused by the Sat 9ers who say they simply are who they are. They NEVER modulate their personalities for their surroundings? They're either incredibly free of self awareness, or jerks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only one Saturday 9er knew who The Weeknd is, I had to google him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked up a rotisserie chicken at the market today. I'm going to make a chicken pot pie with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a lot of similar answers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing but water since Thanksgiving? You are my hero. I can't even seem to drink what I need to for a single day. I just really don't care for water. I got a snazzy bottle that breaks it down into more manageable amounts rather than viewing it as that one ginormous bottle, but it hasn't helped yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are expecting some cold weather in the next several days. Cold, snow, rain and possible ice. Stay warm! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I started working on toning down my Mississippi accent when I was 12, because we moved to CT and I was bullied for a full 2 years over the way I spoke. We went back to MS, which did not help, lol. The years away have softened it, and now, for some reason, I am appreciated for my ya'lls and colorful metaphors. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You accent is so gentle you could think of yourself as the epitome of sophistication. And, thanks for the tip on the commercials being on YouTube. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your answer to #9. I find something similar happens at my workplace. People do like to be "experts."

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.