Sunday, January 24, 2021

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. Which is more romantic: an expensive, glittering bouquet OR flowers that were hand picked as they grew beside the parkway?

A. I'm allergic to either one, so neither. I'm happy with a smooch.

2. Do you know yourself well enough to understand why you feel the way you do?

A. After years of therapy, I'd better know that.

3. Which do you do more often: let movies, songs and books put your feelings into words for you or put your feelings into words by yourself?

A. I do both.

4. Do you believe celebrities when they are endorsing a product?

A. No.

5. What kind of movies do you wish were made more often?

A. Movies with strong female leads. Not necessarily fantasies, like Wonder Woman, but other movies. For instance, why couldn't Pretty Woman be done again with the roles reversed?

6. Does fashion matter to you?

A. No. It never has.

7. Should politicians be held to the same legal standards as everyone else?

A. Yes. Everyone should be held to the same legal standards regardless of wealth, color, gender, etc.

8. If you became president, whom would you invite to sing at your inauguration?

A. Melissa Etheridge, Sheryl Crow, Bruce Springsteen, and Dolly Parton.

9. Do you try to write/say what you are feeling in a true and simple way?

A. I didn't know there was any other way to write it.
 
10. What is your worst daily habit?

A. I sniff. I have constant sinus drainage. (It used to be biting my nails but I have (mostly) stopped this with the pandemic. I tried for 50 years to break that happen and it took a pandemic to do it.)

11. If you had your choice which one TV show would you have canceled?

A. None of them. Just because I don't like them, doesn't mean others wouldn't. Although on second thought, maybe Fox & Friends should go off the air.

12. Do you like the taste of sweet or salt?

A. I like them both.

13. Are you very precise about what words you use to describe your feelings and thoughts?

A. I try to be.

14. What do you feel the most guilty about?

A. Not having a job.

15. Do you meditate?

A. I try to meditate. I do not do it very well.

_______________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them. (#370)




11 comments:

  1. Not having a job won't make me feel guilty. I can't wait to retire.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your all of your answers today.
    Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm coming to your inauguration! What a concert that would be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know any of the names of the shows in the Fox News realm, so I'm glad you picked one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can never quiet the voices in my head enough to meditate. Only child syndrome, no one to talk to but myself. Although my pups get an earful. They’ll never talk! . I write my feelings a lot better than saying them . There is truly power in the pen. I’ll take the smooch but flowers are beautiful too. Maybe you could be gifted with flowers to be planted outside? That way you can enjoy the beauty and not the allergic reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dolly Parton is a really good choice for #8. I did not pick one, but it would have to be someone I respected and admired...Dolly is both of those things.
    Ok, so to answer your question at my blog...no, I do not meditate at school...hahahahha...I thought it said mediate. I looked at it wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  7. #5 Interesting twist on Pretty Woman.
    #8 Great choices!
    I enjoyed your answers.
    http://lolasdiner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheryl Crow really has a great voice. "Always on your Side" with Sting is one Gorgeous song....
    Meditation is a practice, and the more you do it the more control you have over your mind. It's something that most westerners learn too late in life. Serenity is it's byproduct.
    I'm a sniffler, too. So many plants sending out their pollen in a Winterless California.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been doing a whirlwind of answering, so may have left a comment already.
    But if I haven't... you have a job. You keep house and care for a wonderful man, and you do free lance writing. Though you probably had it instilled into early, you those are one full time job and one part time job, and that is job enough.
    Meditating can be letting your mind enjoy the beauty of nature and drifting away into it. It's pretty simple, and soon the minutes will go by and peace will follow. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, off with Fox & Friends! I tried watching the video you posted on your next post but after he said supporters liked how the fake president supported family values, well, that was it for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.