Sunday, January 03, 2021

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. First things first, did you have a good year?

A. It was the worst of times, it was the best of times. It was a year of change. My husband retired from his job as a battalion chief with the fire department, and having him home all the time was a huge change. Then we had the pandemic, and the worst part for me was that a job I had always coveted opened up but I did not feel I could apply for it during a pandemic, so I did not. In the end, the person who has the job now is simply phoning it in and I feel I could have done a better job even all I did was phone it in. At least what I phoned in would have made sense. But that is water under the dam, and I can only hope the pandemic comes to an end soon. Mostly, I think 2020 was a turning point. Whether that turn is for good or ill, only time will tell.

2. What was your favorite article of clothing this year?

A. My blue jeans.

3. What song sums up this year for you?

A. How about a song from The Brady Bunch? When it's time to change, you've got to rearrange who you are what you want to be.


4. What was your favorite movie of the year?

A. I don't have one.

5. Did an actor/actress catch your attention for the first time this year?

A. No.

6. Favorite new TV show?

A. We watched The Voice for the first time. It passed the time.

7. Did you make any big permanent changes this year?

A. My husband's retirement.

8. What was one nice thing you did for yourself?

A. I became a pen pal.

9. Did you develop a new obsession?

A. No, I stuck with the old ones. I did manage (mostly) to stop biting my nails because of concern for the virus, though.

10. Did you move?

A. No.

11. Did you get a pet?

A. No.

12. Do you regret not doing anything?

A. Yes.

13. Do you regret doing something?

A. No.

14. Did anyone/thing make you so mad it stayed with you for days?

A. Yes. But no one I know personally. The political arena was one big pile of pooh this year. There was always something to be angry over if one read the news.

15. Did you lose anyone close to you?

A. Not close, but I know of five people who passed away from Covid-19.

16. Who was important to you this year but wasn’t important last year?

A. I don't think I want to answer this question in a public forum.

17. Who wasn’t as important to you this year as they were last year?

A. Same answer as #16.

18. What was the best moment of the year for you?

A. Nothing stands out as a "best moment," but Christmas was a lot less stressful. My proudest moment was when my husband received an axe for retiring from the fire department.

19. What was the worst?

A. Again, nothing stands out, but I did have a six-week bout with some kind of sinus thing (not Covid) that left me feeling not so well for quite a while.

20. What have you learned about yourself this year that you didn’t know in the years prior?

A. Procrastination is apparently my default. Also, I like to sleep until 7 a.m.

21. What do you wish for others for the coming year?

A. I hope that every who wants it gets the Covid-19 vaccine, and those who don't want it, for whatever reason, manage to stay safe. I also hope we don't return to normal, because normal wasn't working for a lot of people. There are better ways.

22. What do you wish for yourself?

A. More productivity.

________________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.


9 comments:

  1. I became a pen pal, too, and I completely forgot until you mentioned it here! Thank you for reminding me.

    I love how proud you are of your husband. It warms this old spinster's heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy Mr CD for retiring (not his axe). Here's to a productive 2021 for you.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet seeing your husband receive his axe was a major moment. When people give like that there whole lives...it's a special thing. Thank him for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want peace and safety. It's ephemeral on the outside, and seems too hard to develop on the inside. Brady bunch... what a song! Never heard it. It made me think of how I took our safety as Americans for granted back then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely photos in your header!

    And I really like the sentiment of #21.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the new normal has showed us better ways to do things and I agree with you on #21 about things not working for some people. Loved your answers! Have a nice day.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought I knew all of "Brady Bunch," but don't ever remember hearing that song.

    I'm glad that you became a pen pal this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I think a line was drawn into the sand last year. Could almost say the coronavirus brought it out. Cheers to a calmer and kinder year, Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pen pal groups are great. I was in two that were craft oriented exchanges, and another was from an ad in Quilters Newsletter in the late 70’s.. Some of us still keep in touch with each other. These pen pal groups are a such a wonderful invention for fellow feeling across our wide world. I’m scared for my neighbor as her daughter was very ill.



    Sorry you missed out on the job that you’d have liked.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.