Sunday, December 27, 2020

Sunday Stealing


1. Star or Angel?

A. Angel. Although we've had a star, too, over the years.

2. White Lights or Colored Lights?

A. We like colored lights.

3. Blinking Lights or Still Lights?

A. Blinking lights.

4. When do you open your gifts?

A. Most gifts are opened on Christmas Day. My brother and I exchange presents on Christmas Eve. When we were young, my mother used to allow us to open our present from each other on Christmas Eve in order to calm us down.

5. Do you buy gifts for your pet?

A. I give the cows hay. That's all they need.

6. Be honest: What's the worst gift you've ever gotten?

A. A vacuum cleaner from my husband. He learned in short order that household items are not considered decent Christmas presents from him. If someone else wants to give me a vacuum cleaner, that's fine, but he must by me more personal presents.

7. Have you ever traveled for the holiday?

A. No. Well, when we were young we used to go to my grandmother's house, but that was 30-minute drive. I don't consider that traveling.

8. Did you see Santa as a child?

A. I first read that as "satan." Ha. I did. Maybe I've seen them both.

9. Can you name all the reindeer?

A. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen. Rudolph came later, as did Olive the other reindeer.

10. Have you ever gone caroling?

A. Not that I recall.

11. Do you drive around and look at the Christmas lights?

A. We certainly did this year. There wasn't much else to do.

12. Have you ever left Santa cookies?

A. I did when I was a child.

13. Have you ever had a white Christmas?

A. We had one this year.

14. Have you ever made a gingerbread house from scratch? From a kit?

A. I have tried and failed miserably. Gingerbread and I do not seem to get along.

15. Be honest: Do you think the season is too commercial?

A. I think the season is nothing but a commercial.

16. Imagine you were going to create the quintessential holiday soundtrack -- which song(s) absolutely must be included?

A. The older ones.

17. What are your Christmas pet peeves?

A. The Christmas stuff going up in September, mostly, not that it mattered this year as I wasn't in the stores to see it. The other is the stress and expectations. Covid actually made this one of the least-stressed holidays I've ever had, because nobody really had an expectations.

________________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

8 comments:

  1. We tried a gingerbread house kit with the grands and it was a mess. We also made cookies so the kids were happy. Not this year because of Covid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a fail on the gingerbread house too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that what constitutes "older ones" depends on how old you are. When I was in junior high, I remember my dad complaining when my uncle put on Streisand's holiday album because he didn't like the modern stuff. To my niece and nephew, both in their 20s, Babs is FAR from modern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was the first Christmas I spent by myself. It was not as bad as I thought it would be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you on the travel to family for Christmas. One of my co-workers went to Colorado for Christmas and they are skiing and having a great time. I consider that travel...more of a vacation. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad I took cake decorating classes so I was able to make a gingerbread house for a couple of years. That was a fun thing to do with the kids. Like you, our "travel" at Christmas never amounted to more than 30 minutes (or less) of driving. The oldedr carols must have been much better because they have hung around and I can't think of "newer" carols that remain with us year after year, except maybe the Little Drummer Boy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. White Christmas! Wish we had had one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The vacuum wouldn't bother me if it was something I needed or wanted...especially since it's a big ticket item. My poor hubby stresses so much over what to get me that anything he goes out and buys on his own I am grateful for. He seriously came close to an anxiety attack this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.