Sunday, December 20, 2020

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. What’s your favorite thing about the holidays?

A. When they are over. Really. The holidays are exhausting, they're fake, and I always am glad when they're over. Plus it's cold and when they're done it means spring is on the way. I like some things about the holidays - family, friends, giving presents, decorations and lights. But it is terribly stressful.

2. Do you send out Christmas cards and if so how many do you send?

A. I do send out cards and I think I sent out about 55 this year.

3. Be honest: holiday newsletters. Love ‘em or hate ‘em?

A. I read them when people send them, but I don't send them myself. I write notes sometimes in cards. This year, as soon as someone wrote "the China virus" I stopped reading and threw the note and the card in the trash. But that only happened once.

4. Be honest: photo cards. Love ‘em or hate ‘em?

A. They're ok. I prefer cards, but it is nice to see how the kids change from year to year.

5. How soon do you start shopping?

A. Sometimes I start shopping as soon as one is over - lots of sales. Sometimes I wait until October.

6. Real or fake tree?

A. Fake tree. I'm allergic to the real ones.

7. When do you put up your tree?

A. We put our tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving.

8. When do you take down your tree?

A. When I feel like it. There is some lore about needing to take it down before the new year so you don't drag the old year into the new - if that's the case then this thing will come down December 26. 

9. Describe your typical tree (size, decorations, type).

A. It's a fake tree about 7 feet tall, the decorations are a mix of old and new, we use garland and tinsel and we both prefer multi-colored lights to white ones.

10. What do you top your tree with?

A. An angel.

11. Do you put Christmas lights outside your house?

A. We used to. We haven't for the last several years.

12. Is there a wreath hanging on your door?

A. No. It's been windy and last year one of them blew away, so I haven't put any out.

13. Do you hang up stockings?

A. Yes.

14. Your favorite Christmas Movie(s)

A. It's a Wonderful Life, The Lord of the Rings trilogy (not Christmas, but it's what I watch), but honestly I don't really have one that I have to watch.

15. Be honest: A Christmas movie you hate.

A. I don't know. Is there one with Adam Sandler in it? That one.

16. Favorite Christmas Song(s).

A. Do You Hear What I Hear. O Holy Night. Gloria (in excelsis deo) (it is fun to play on the guitar).

17. Be honest: If I hear this/these Christmas songs again I will throw up.

A. There isn't one.

18. Give or Receive?

A. Both.

19. Eggnog or Mulled Cider?

A. Cider, but not mulled. Just plain.

________________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

11 comments:

  1. The holidays can be a bit stressful, but for the most past, I love Christmas. I am not sure what mulled Cider is. Probably has a ton of sugar! I think taking the tree down should be when you are ready to take it down. One year we left ours up until Feb. I have one tree I leave up all year and decorate according to the seasons. I posted it at my blog. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your festive header!

    I haven't sent any cards this year--I know Christmas is always the 25th, but this year it snuck up on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fortunately, we didn't get any comments about the "China virus" in any of our cards this year. But I would have thrown that one away, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that Christmas can be stressful. I still love it though. Loved your answers! Have a very Merry Christmas!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, happy holidays! This will have to be your card this year, I'm not sending them out this time...
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know a lot of people who are struggling this season. My friend Patrick, just like night, said that he keeps going by remembering that the worst is behind us -- the vaccine is here and soon Joe Biden will be, too. I know the holidays are a time of reflection/tradition but I think Patrick is right: it helps to face forward right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We watch "It's a Wonderful Life" every year. It's a fantastic movie.
    I don't send cards anymore and feel guilty about it when I get a card and know that I'm not going to get around to sending any out.
    Also, with you...I would have thrown that card and newsletter out,too. Geez!
    Merry Christmas! And a Happy New Year.
    I'm taking a rest cure - lol- will be back somewhere around the first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's interesting how we parse the holidays this year and every year... I'm happy to read your views...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you mean about stress - but I think it is good stress (if there is such a thing).

    I should dig out the Lord of the Rings trilogy and watch that again. I haven't seen them for several years now.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always WANT to send lots of cards, but I get overwhelmed pretty fast. So, for me, its just family. Like Kwiz, I love your header. Did you take all the photos? Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your favorite movie is my least favorite movie. I think I started to dislike it when they started running marathons of the movie all day long.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.