Saturday, December 19, 2020

Saturday 9: Happy Holidays


1. Sam loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. Yet some children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick's lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you by pass it altogether -- either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn't celebrate Christmas?

A. I sat on Santa's lap. I remember once he came to the house - my brother cried the entire time he was there.

2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?

A. I hope I am on the Nice list, and I'm there because I've been a good helpmate to my husband, a good sister to my brother, a good friend, a good citizen, and an overall decent person.

3. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If so, which one traveled the farthest?

A. I sent something to Texas. No, wait, I sent something to my friend in England. That would be the farthest away.

4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year?

A. Yes. I bought a roll-up piano, which is to say, a toy. It wasn't that expensive but it is something to play with.

5. What's your favorite holiday-themed movie? Have you seen it yet this year?

A. My favorite holiday-themed movie is Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer, which isn't a movie but a TV show. I have seen it. As for movies, I like to rewatch The Lord of the Rings trilogy this time of the year.

6. Thinking of movies, Christmas is lucrative for Hollywood. Have you ever gone to a movie theater on Christmas Day?

A. We tried once, a very long time ago, but the theater was closed.

7. Have you ever suffered an embarrassing moment at the company Christmas party?

A. Not really, but I will tell you about the last "company" Christmas party I was at. The newspaper threw a party and invited the freelancers as well. They played Dirty Santa (which I had never taken part of), and when it was my turn to go up and pick a gift, I went not to the table where the presents were, but to the liquor station and picked up an unopened bottle of wine (this was on a dare from my editor). "I choose this," I said. Everyone applauded and the boss nodded her assent. Of course it became the present everyone wanted after that. I think I ended up with a mug in the end.

8. What's your favorite beverage in cold weather?

A. I like hot tea or hot chocolate.

9. Share a memory from last Christmas.

A. My husband was down with his ankle, having had fusion surgery on November 23. He insisted he would be fine to go up to his mother's for Christmas Day if our nephew would help get his knee scooter in the car. I ended up lifting the thing and moving stuff (he wanted to go before the nephew showed up), but we got him up there. He owes me a big Christmas for that this year, don't you think?

He chose a Christmas red cast. Or fire engine red.
Whichever.

Thanks to Sam for the questions!
______________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however. 

7 comments:

  1. I liked your party memory. Yes red for the fireman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rudolph! I totally forgot to put that one on my list. I'm digging it out TODAY :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of that game before, either, but it sounds like you aced it!

    Your husband's cast is very festive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on a hot chocolate kick at bedtime

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun memory of the dirty Santa game! That sounds like it was so much fun. I love hot chocolate too. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Other than Hallmark movies, Rudolph is one of about 3 of my regular favorites I've managed to see. Mainly, I've been too lazy to dig out the DVDs and fuss with the machine. Thanks, by the way, for the kind comment on my blog. I appreciate your friendship, too, and wish you and your hubby a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.