Sunday, November 22, 2020

Sunday Stealing



1. What did you do for Thanksgiving when you were a kid?

A. Ate turkey, set the table for my mother.

2. What’s your favorite family tradition?

A. We don't have any traditions. We just eat.

3. What’s your favorite way to give back and help others?

A. Hand over money.

4. Name one person who can make you laugh, even months later. Why?

A. My brother.

5. What is the funniest thing you remember about a Thanksgiving past?

A. My mom made a pumpkin pie that didn't turn out well. We called it "pumpkin pudding." My mother was upset but the rest of us thought it was funny.

6. Do you have any unusual traditions, rituals or habits around Thanksgiving?

A. No.

7. What time do you eat your Thanksgiving meal?

A. About 6 p.m.

8. Name one ancestor that you think about on Thanksgiving and tell us why.

A. My grandmother, because she liked to eat at noon instead of at 6 p.m.

9. Is there a family heirloom at the Thanksgiving table? What its story?

A. There is no heirloom.

10. What is your favorite part about Thanksgiving Day?

A. When it is over.

11. What is something that was done for you this year that makes you grateful this Thanksgiving?

A. My friends have kept me sane.

12. What foods do you usually have for Thanksgiving?

A. Turkey, sweet potatoes, dressing, cranberry sauce, green beans, rolls.

13. How has the celebration of Thanksgiving today changed from when you were little?

A. No little kids running around, no grandparents, not a lot of people. It's a lot calmer.

14. If you could share Thanksgiving dinner today with one person in history who would it be? Why? (Note: it can be a relative)

A. Jane Austen, so we could talk about writing and how life was like in her era.

15. What is one wish you have for the next generation as they begin to establish their own Thanksgiving traditions?

A. That they actually have traditions, and understand that there are things in this world for which they should be thankful, not limited to but including their health, their brains (hopefully they will have learned to use them), whatever financial security they have (however limited), and the people who love them.

________________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

7 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your answers today.
    Have a great Sunday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Grandma always had Thanksgiving dinner at noon...I think so my Uncle and his family could go to their next meal, but my mom would have it in the afternoon. I am planning for noon so my mom can stay as long as she wants, but be able to get back home before dark. That is my thinking anyway for why I am doing noon. I love Thanksgiving. It is so chill at our house. This was a fun one. Loved your answers! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. "When it is over" cracked me up. I hope you & yours have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good answer for #15. Your story of your mother's pumpkin pudding reminded me of the cookies my father made once, which we had to drink out of a glass. We teased him about those for years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol... what's your favorite thing about Thanksgiving? When it's over.
    Last answer was beautiful. We can hope!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess I’ll have to start a tradition. My traditions or rather our traditions passed with my mom and this is my first Thanksgiving alone ( little to no family and Covid )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.