Saturday, November 14, 2020

Saturday 9: All of Me


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) John Legend sings he loves his woman's "perfect imperfections." Tell us something quirky or imperfect about a loved one that you would not change.

A. He has a lot of body hair. More there than on his head, actually. It's turned silver in the front.
 
2) John wrote this love song to his wife, Chrissy Teigen. The couple recently lost their baby after pregnancy complications. To whom did you most recently send a sympathy (or "thinking of you") card or message?

A. My sister-in-law, niece, and nephew on the loss of my sister-in-law's mother to Covid.
 
3) While adventurous in his creative career choices, John admits his taste in food leans toward the tried and true. His favorites are chicken (rotisserie or fried), macaroni and cheese, and steamed vegetables. What's on your weekend menu?

A. Chicken. A baked potato.
 
4) When he was growing up, John's mother, Phyllis, helped support the family as a seamstress. Are you any good with a needle and thread?

A. I can sew on buttons, hem pants, and maybe repair something, but that's about the extent of my sewing skills.

5) As a child, he was such a big fan of Andy Griffith and Matlock that he wanted to be a lawyer. If you grew up to have the same occupation as the TV character you liked best as a kid, what would you be doing?

A. I'd be either a bionic woman working for the government or an Angel working for Charlie.
 
6) John is a judge on The Voice. Do you watch that show? Or America's Got Talent, or American Idol?

A. We recently started watching The Voice (just last week). We haven't watched any of the three before.
 
7) In 2013, the year this song was popular, twin baby pandas were born at Zoo Atlanta. Their panda parents had been given to the US as a gift from the Chinese, with the understanding that any offspring would be given to China. So, in 2016, the panda cubs were flown to a Chinese conservation center. They had a hard time adjusting at first, confused by jet lag, unresponsive when spoken to in Chinese, unimpressed by their new diet. Have you ever found yourself similarly overwhelmed when you traveled far from home? (BTW, the pandas are doing just fine now in their permanent Chinese home.)

A. I haven't been more than an 8-hour drive from home in 37 years. Usually I'm just tired when I get there and am fine after a good night's sleep.
 
8) Also in 2013, The Pope posted his first tweet. What social media platforms do you regularly use?

A. I use Facebook. I have a Twitter account but I don't use it much. I also blog. Blogging is my preference, because if people are reading this, it's because they want to be here to read it, not because it's in your face.
 
9) Random question: Have you ever a) written something on a public wall or b) carved anything into a tree of bench?

A. Somewhere in the mountains behind my parents farm, in the National Forest that is back there, is a big beech tree which I shall call the carving tree. It was riddled with initials. My brother walked me back there one day and we carved our initials into the tree. I do not know if the tree still exists, nor could I find it again if it does. It was in the middle of nowhere, honestly. How so many people came to pass it by and carve initials into it is beyond me.
______________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however. 

12 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your answers today.
    Have a good Saturday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the story of the "carving tree." I do hope it's still there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your observation of your hubs in #1.

    Interesting point about our blogs. People do have to seek us out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to love The Voice but I got tired of TV. Although I do love Songland the show about songwriting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat story #9 is! I enjoyed that, thanks for sharing! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to wonder with sewing skills this generation has. It seems we only have the basic skills do the current generations even have those? Or will they just throw out the shirt if a button comes off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photo is my daughter's husband and their dog Lester (whom I raised from 2 days old, when she was left by whoever had her)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We both married Hairy Ones. lol
    You would make a great Charlie's Angel.
    I don't like Twitter very much, and I'm not on Facebook.
    Enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner. I'm going to attempt a small pie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a quilter who's sewn since my granny showed me how to put blocks together on her treadle machine. I enjoyed your answers and so adore John Legend. He's the best on The Voice which I watch sporadically. I like that they choose based on voice not looks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree on the blogging and do prefer it since people come deliberately. I liked Charlie's Angels too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the answers. I would have been Batgirl I guess or a vampire. I always watched Bateman and Dark Shadows lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the answers. I would have been either Batgirl or a vampire LOL! I always watched Batman and Dark Shadows.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.