Monday, October 12, 2020

The Benefit Concert

Last night, I watched and listened live to Melissa Etheridge's online benefit concert.

The cost of the concert went toward the Etheridge Foundation, a nonprofit she established to research opioid addiction following the death of her son, Beckett, earlier in the year, due to the drugs.

The concert was supposed to be two hours, from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m.

She stopped playing about 8:50 p.m. Almost three hours.

At 59, she was rocking it out like she was 27 years old. She is an amazing guitarist and I admire her for continuing her career, and doing life like she wants to do it.


I also am in love with her Gibson Les Paul Guitar. I believe that is a 1982 Custom. She's a beauty.

She played many of her hits, including Bring Me Some Water, If I Only Wanted To, Come To My Window, You Can Sleep While I Drive, and Like the Way I Do, which she ends her shows with.

Her dog Biscuit made an appearance about halfway through the show, curling up near her feet while she played. I think the little pup plopped down on a cord and she had to work around him.

She is one of the most underrated guitar players in the world, I think. She needs to be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

As Melissa says, speak true, choose only love, it's a choice.


2 comments:

  1. No, it was just her. She has a looper, which allows her to lay tracks from piano, drums, bass, etc., to add to the performance. It was amazing, really.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.