Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Fenwick Mines

Recently, we took a trip to Fenwick Mines, a National Forest designation in a nearby county. It's a hike that is allegedly handicapped accessible (I think it would be a bit bumpy for a wheelchair myself) and it offers a pond and creek with a water fall. 

Unfortunately, the bridge to the pond was out of commission because a tree had fallen across it and damaged it. The hike to the waterfall was too steep for me to climb even with a cane. The walking was fine, though, and the trail, even with tree roots, was decent.









 

The waterfall was barely visible from the road and we stopped and I took this photo of it. I imagine up close it was quite lovely. The colors on the trees had not changed as much as we'd hoped when we were up there.

Fenwick Mines is also part of the Virginia Birding and Wildlife Trail.

We visited on a Thursday. It is an uncrowded spot to go in these times of Covid. The restroom facilities are not open at present.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the little ramble. You live in a place I think of as Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures. I like anything nature.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.