Wednesday, September 23, 2020

I Dreamed About a Door

Last night, I dreamed I was being imposed upon, one might say, by a door that had a stained glass inside with wood around it.

The door was alive and evil. It killed people. It ordered us to plant a garden because it wanted to see flowers, so we did, but then it killed the garden.

It was constantly wanting things, and if I did not oblige it, it beat on me until I did. For some reason, it didn't want to kill me. Perhaps it needed a willing being with legs, I don't know. Dreams have their own ways about them.

We locked the door up in boxes, in rooms, in attics, but the door always found a way out, and went on a killing spree. It did this on its own, but we would hear about it the next day, that so many people had died. We knew it was the door but had no way to prove it and who would believe us, anyway?

The door warned us not to try to break it or smash it, as its shards of glass would then all go after even more people, allowing the door to do more damage than it would do if it stayed whole. Even if we ground it down to fine sand, the door said, it's evil would live on and the sand would simply spread it that much more.

I despaired, finding no way around this mess. I could not outrun the door, I could not trap the door, I could find no way to defeat the door and make it stop its evil killing spree.

After a while, I decided my only recourse was to see if the door was lying, and grind it into fine little bits. 

Then I woke up.

I am fairly certain this door dream is an analogy for what is going on right now. The deaths would be from the coronavirus. The door would be the people who are walking straight into fascism. The strong hint with this dream is that, no matter what, even if we stop the door, evil will spread.

The evil and violence will spread.

1 comment:

  1. You are like me, a vivid dreamer. Sometimes God talks to me through dreams. I hope you find some peace in spite of the dream.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.