Thursday, August 20, 2020

Thursday Thirteen #670

My blogging friend, The Gal, is participating in "The August Happiness Challenge." So I thought I'd do another list of sorts for this Thursday 13.

1. Dr. Pepper, it turns out, is readily available in our area. This makes me happy because it makes my husband happy. Last week there were articles about a Dr. Pepper shortage, and he rose early and went to Food Lion to stock up. He found plenty. I don't drink it but I am happy for him that he found it.

2. Understanding that I am not at fault for every little thing that goes on around me makes a big difference in attitude.

3. My laryngitis is starting to clear up! I still sound gravelly but at least I am no longer croaking.

4. Pops asked me to help him out with some church work, and I obliged. Few people can sell my community to someone as well as I can.

5. Time seems to be measured differently these days. This is not a bad thing. I remember how amused Diana Prince was in the Wonder Woman movie when she saw Steve's watch. "You let that little thing tell you how to run your life?" she asked (paraphrasing). In the days of coronavirus and husband's retirement, time has taken on a different meaning. A better one, I think.


6. Running has never been my strong suit (I couldn't if I wanted to, probably), but I do like walking on the treadmill. I am working hard to get my heel spur under control so I can return to that. I've set up my own physical therapy routine that seems to be helping.

7. Until yesterday, I didn't realize how close we were to Autumn. I stood and watched the early morning sun shifting through the leaves and noticed the lack of green in them. The trees are readying themselves for colder days.

8. Monday, my husband fixed dinner. He can cook when he wants to and I'm urging him to do that more often. Not having to cook makes me very happy.

9. Pandemics have a way of changing society. I hope it makes ours better - as in, more loving, more kind, more "other" oriented and not so selfishly individualistic. We'll see. Fingers crossed.

10. Nobody gets me like my brother, and that is a good thing. I'm happy we are friends.

11. Ordinary items, like pencils, pens, paper, paperclips, notebooks, etc., make me happy. I normally buy a few extra notebooks in August, when the school supplies are out. Not this year, so I am happy that I have a stash.

12. Wonder, that is, a state of curiosity, is something I try to build. I like to be curious and find wonder in all sorts of things, from bugs to deer to birds and zoom lenses in cameras. The world is full of many lovely, beautiful things. 

13. Focusing on the good is a positive, and I'm happy I am doing that today.

______________

Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 670th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

5 comments:

  1. focusing on the good has been rough but the only way for me is to count blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd let my husband cook more but I like the way I cook best! So I do most of it. I can't always maintain staying positive during this time. It's kind of heartbreaking and I feel for the kids the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes to husbands cooking... yes to the things that make us happier

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely 13....interesting for no 8, 9 and 10

    have a great Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  5. #4 -- Why didnt you use that for the last question of Saturday 9?

    I've switched from Coke to Dr. Pepper during the pandemic. In terms of the supply chain, it's been opposite here. At the beginning of the pandemic, stores had Dr. Pepper and Pepsi in the smaller 7.5 oz. cans but not Coke, so I made due. (I'm trying to cut back, and drinking the smaller cans helps.)

    I wish I had a better relationship with my sister. It would be nice to have a brother.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.