Sunday, August 16, 2020

Sunday Stealing

 Sunday Stealing

1. What makes it easy to talk to someone?

A. It helps if they listen. So many people are so busy thinking about the next point they want to make, they don't hear what you are saying. I learned to shut that part of my brain off when I was doing interviews for the newspaper. I had to learn to listen.

2. Have you ever had a great conversation with a complete stranger?

A. Yes, but it has been quite some time ago.

3. Do you like to argue?

A. I like to discuss. I do not like to argue. I like to hear other people's opinions and then either validate or contradict them. I consider that debating, not arguing.

4. Some people like to talk about things, and some people like to do things. Which are you?

A. I do a bit of both.

5. Who is easier to talk to – men or women?

A. It really depends on the personality.

6. What is your favorite place?

A. Home.

7. What is your favorite place in your home?

A. In my office.

8. Would you most want to live in a city, a suburb or the country?

A. I live in the country and always have. I expect to die here, too.

9. What is special about the town you live in?

A. I live in a rural community. It's beautiful. It's historic. It's bucolic.

10. How much time do you spend in nature?

A. I live on a farm. I think it's pretty much 24/7. I just watched a hen turkey leading her chicks up the ridge.

11. Do you make up a dinner plan for the coming week?

A. No.

12. Do you make up a grocery shopping list and stick to it when shopping?

A. Generally. These days I shop online and pick it up.

13. What is one thing that you always buy, but never write down on a list?

A. Chocolate.

14. Is there anything that you always think you are out of and come home with it to discover you already have a year’s supply on hand?

A. I don't know that I have a year's supply of anything on hand.

15. Do you get your groceries delivered?

A. They don't deliver out where I live. Too rural.

________________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

11 comments:

  1. The people who are very obviously only waiting for you to stop talking so they can start are sooooo annoying. One of my pet peeves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #3 - yes - that is indeed debating. And it is fun sometimes because you can learn things.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a dinner plan either, we just wing it.
    I don't like to argue either.
    I enjoyed your answers.
    Have a great Sunday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you on #1! I often feel like I am not being listened to because like you said, people move on to their next point. I do not enjoy that. I think that is why I can be so quiet.
    I love the country too. Yep, no deliveries here either. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a love being home. I love my new home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always been a great listener and people have always opened up easily to me. I don't know what I'm doing to encourage that but I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could eat chocolate. Alas, migraines are the result. I'd love to live in the country and Virginia is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwww to the hen turkey and her babies. So adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Answer 3. I agree with you, completely. It is enjoyable to discuss thinks. Arguments no.
    Hope you have a great weekend, puttering around your garden.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.