Monday, August 17, 2020

Boots

 

The first time I saw my husband's firefighter's boots laid out beside the door of the fire engine, I teared up. I never liked to think about him out on a call. I preferred to think about him waiting, like his boots.

That was a long time ago, and the firefighters still have their boots and gear at the ready, sitting by the door of the fire truck. I took this shot on August 10, when my husband was having his retirement farewell at Station #5.

The boots by the truck make it very real how fast and efficient these men are as they dash into danger to save a home or a life. 

May the Universe bless all of those who fill these boots in times of need,

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful photo, in both composition and intention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a big tug at the heart to see your post. I’ve admired firemen ever since tiny. They saved lives at a neighbor’s farm house in Ohio. They are the best of men and now women.. Please give that retired fireman 🚒 a big hug from California. We are burning up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.