Sunday, July 19, 2020

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. What's your favorite movie from your childhood and why?

A. Grease is the first one I think of.

2. What is home to you?

A. The place where I feel safe.

3. Do you get emotionally invested in stories? (I'm asking about movies, books, tv shows, whatever medium you like your stories in.)

A. Yes, if it is a good story.

4. What is the most physical damage you've ever received without needing medical intervention (so no stitches or splints or anything)?

A. When I was very small, I fell and cracked my head open on a cement floor.

5. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

A. A woodchuck would chuck all the wood he could chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood. On a good day, with the wind at his back, he'd really go for it and do about 700 pounds.

6. Do you have any obsessions? Like Tv shows, or cats or something. Not addictions.

A. I think I might be a bit addicted to video games. But not TV or cats.

7. What question or questions would you like God to answer?

A. The Universe will reveal herself to me in good time, but in the meantime, if she would tell me how to be a better person, I would appreciate it.

8. Do you bite your nails?

A. I do, although since the pandemic I have made a major effort to stop. I am constantly cutting them to keep them short so I can resist the urge to put them in my mouth.

9. What do you like about the place you live? (I mean your housing, apt, house, mobile home, etc.)

A. I live in the house that my husband built for us, with his own bare hands. We acted as our own contractor and while I worked during the day, on his days off from the firehouse, he built our house, and I would come home and help if there was some small chore I could manage.

10. What do you like about the city or town where you live?

A. It's not crowded.

11. Is there one place you have visited that you wish you could live there?

A. I wouldn't mind living near Charlottesville. Not in town, but somewhere a little closer. It's about a two-hour drive from here, give or take 15 minutes.

12. What's your favorite cookie to snack on?

A. A Keebler striped graham cookie or a homemade chocolate chip cookie.

13. Are you a Apple person or PC type person and why?

A. I have always used PCs, so I have stuck with them. I have an iPhone, but it has not been enough to convince me to switch to a MAC. 

14. What's your favorite things about the zoo?

A. I don't go to zoos. I think they are cruel, although the ones that are keeping species alive may serve a purpose.

15. Did you grow up in the country, city or small town and what did you like about it (or hate about it if you didn’t like it?)

A. I grew up in the country and still live there. The biggest problem when I was growing up was that everything was so far away, but now that is not the case. The city has sprawled in this direction and I can reach a grocery store in a 15-minute drive now, as opposed to a 30-minute one.

16. What kinds of things were you into and do when you were growing up?

A. I was into many of the same things I'm into now - reading, writing, video games. Loved English, wasn't thrilled with math though I made As even in Trig (thank you, Tina). I liked learning and I still do.

17. Do you enjoy receiving letters or postcards more, and why?

A. I haven't received either one in forever. I do get birthday and holiday cards still, but I haven't had a personal letter or postcard in a long time, although I did recently receive a card of encouragement from a friend. Greatly appreciated that.

18. Do or did you know any of your great-grandparents? Tell me about them.

A. My maternal great-grandfather was still alive when I was very young, but I do not remember him.

19. Do you like to be outdoors? What is your favorite thing to do there?

A. I am not an outdoors girl. My favorite thing to do outside is sit and watch the stars.

20. Have you ever broken a bone or been badly injured?

A. I broke my wrist when I was in the 7th grade, and I messed up my left ankle when I was in my early 30s. I stepped in a forgotten post hole. And then a few days later, I drank bad water and had e-coli. That was not a good week.

________________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them. 

9 comments:

  1. Not thrilled with math...another thing we have in common. I think it just doesn't come naturally to those who are geared to thrive on language and words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your answers today, especially #9.
    Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still so far away from everything. But I love living here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch. "cracked my head" is such a terrible vision! It's surprising you are not an outdoors person, given where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #6... me too. I need some new ones for the IPAD as I obsessivly play the same ones. We should share the ones we enjoy, it might give us new ones to try
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREASE! YES! I love that movie so much. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. “Not a good week” is an understatement

    ReplyDelete
  8. #1 - My sisters were obsessed with Grease. I wasn't a big fan for that reason. They drove me up the wall with the soundtrack album.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad I'm not alone re: #19 lol.

    ReplyDelete