Sunday, June 21, 2020

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. If you could spend a day in someone else’s shoes who would it be and why?

A. I would like to spend a day in my husband's shoes, so I could get to know him even better than I do and understand his impulses and his thought processes in a way I cannot simply by observing.

2. Which celebrity gets on your nerves the most, and why?

A. I'm not a fan of Adam Sandler, because he's so misogynistic.

3. If you were going to bury a time capsule, what would you put in it?

A. A copy of The New York Times, Time magazine, Reader's Digest magazine, a huge flash drive with everything I could think of downloaded on it, including photos from all over the world and space, and a personal note.

4. What is your saddest memory?

A. My grandmother's funeral, mostly because my brother did not come.

5. Would you rather be in your pajamas or a suit all day?

A. I am forever in blue jeans, babe.

6. What’s the strangest place you’ve ever gone potty?

A. Out in the woods.

7. How old were you went you had your first kiss?

A. I have no idea. Second grade maybe? How old is that? Seven?

8. Do you have any strange or unique phobias?

A. Can't say that I do, really, unless being afraid of the rise of stupid could be called a phobia.

9. If you could bring back one toy from your childhood, what would it be?

A. Johnny West dolls.

10. If you could be any Disney villain, which would you be?

A. Cruella DeVille (she's the only one I can think of).

11. If your life was a novel, what would the title be?

A. Nevertheless, She Persisted.

12. What do you need more of in your life?

A. Hugs, money, and self-discipline.

13. What are your top 3 quotes?

A. Not all those who wander are lost.  - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
     Be Strong, Speak True, Choose Only Love - Melissa Etheridge
     Let the world burn through you. Throw the prism light, white hot, on paper. - Ray Bradbury

14. What do you want people to remember about you?

A. That I did my best and was a good person. 

15. What’s the biggest mistake you’ve made?

A. I have often thought that leaving a job I had a law office in 1985 was a particularly bad mistake, because we would have been more financially secure if I had stayed there. But had I stayed, I'd probably never have finished college or pursued writing, so I am not sure it was a mistake, in the end.


________________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them. (#340)

8 comments:

  1. I had never heard of Johnny West dolls ... much better than Barbie (looked them up on Google)
    I thought of Cruella deVille too but couldn't choose someone who wasn't nice to dogs! I figured the Queen of Hearts was the least offensive of the Disney villains..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quotes--especially the Melissa Etheridge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally no mistake! It led you on a different path is all.I never heard of johnny west dolls

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so hard to look back and judge mistakes vs wins. Some are so plain but I think the majority aren't plain at all.
    You chose great quotes!
    I too have often thought that being in someone else's head for a while might give greater understanding. I think we women are bigger on that than men are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I am so impressed by your answer to #1. That's the most altruistic answer I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cruella is a good choice because she had her own song: "Cruella de Ville, Cruella de Ville, if she doesn't scare you, no evil thing. To see her is to feel a sudden chill. So watch for Cruella de Ville." That would play when you entered the room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I would like Mrs PM being in my shoes for the day to be honest. She would say the same. We are happy in our ignorance.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.