Sunday, May 31, 2020

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. What do you think is the greatest television show of all time?

A. MASH. I honestly think that show covers so much of life and human relations that there is nothing that tops it as a commentary upon humanity.

2. Would you rather win a Nobel Prize or an Academy Award?

A. I would rather win a Pulitzer. But of the two, a Nobel Prize although I can't imagine what I'd get one for.

3. What one food would you banish from this earth if you could?

A. None of them. There are many I do not even know of, and I suspect all of the natural foods have medicinal properties. That said, I imagine Cheetos and that yellow-orange crap on them is something we could all do without.

4. What’s the scariest story you’ve ever heard?

A. November 9, 2016 - A con man was elected president of the United States.

5. Who is the most famous person you have ever met?

A. I have met many of Virginia's governors during my work as a government reporter, including Tim Kaine and Mark Warner who are now our state senators. 

6. What’s something you’ve done that most people wouldn’t know or guess about you?

A. I don't know. Most things I've written about over the last 14 years of this blog. I've been up in a hot air balloon, I've flown over the county in a small plane. But perhaps people do not know that I have suffered from depression for most of my life. I don't talk about it or wallow in it, I deal with it as best I can. My doctor currently has it diagnosed as dysthymia, which means chronic low-grade depression that doesn't go away. Maybe sometime I will write more about it.

7. You’re strapped in a rocket ship about to go to the moon. Are you thrilled? Or terrified?

A. I would be thrilled. I loved watching the SpaceX ship go up yesterday afternoon! Two men left the earth! Good choice, given the state of things.

8. What is the correct way for toilet paper to sit on the roll?

A. I don't care which way it goes on the roller. I don't even care if it is on a roller, so long as it is available.

9. Talk about a mistake you made, or something you regret.

A. I regret not keeping up with my music more. I let it go because I didn't have an outlet for it, really. I mean, when you're playing your guitar and your husband comes in and ignores you and turns on the television, it doesn't exactly engender a desire to continue to play.

10. What would be the best gift I could give you?

A. Your time.

11. What makes you feel better when you’re sad or stressed?

A. Music or reading.

12. What is the most romantic movie you’ve ever seen?

A. Dirty Dancing or the Titanic. I can't decide between those two.

13. What is the worst date you’ve ever been on?

A. I haven't been on a date in 37 years.

14. What is the glue that keeps couples together?

A. Trust.

15.  What was your first crush?

A. My first crush would have been a "who" not a "what," but in any event, I think it was a boy named Jamie in second grade.

16. When did your parents talk to you about the birds and the bees?

A. I don't know that they ever did, actually. My grandmother did that.

17. What is your greatest achievement?

A. I guess it would be an accumulation of all the words I've written over the years about my community for the local papers.

18. Were you close to your parents growing up?

A. No. My father was busy making money and my mother was miserable and unhappy. Neither had any time to raise children. I should not have been born. I used to consider myself a poster child for why abortion should be legal. It wasn't when I was born.

19. What was the most life-changing event you’ve ever experienced?

A. Probably my gallbladder surgery since the doctor messed that up and created an abdominal issue that I've been fighting for the last seven years.

20. Have you ever had a falling out with a friend? What happened?

A. I have had misunderstandings with friends. Usually I apologize and that's the end of it. I am always the one who apologizes even if I wasn't the one in the wrong. I can't recall a single time someone has hurt me and come to me and said, "I'm sorry."

________________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

8 comments:

  1. Loved your answer to #4

    MASH was a great show.

    I’m sorry about your parents

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed all of your answers.
    It is sad about your parents.
    Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2 - Nobel Prize for literature?

    Just a thought

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  4. my first thought was yours on #4. Ahhhhh to win a pulitzer.... and congrats on overcoming those parents! Most of the time I feel I overcame mine... I can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It made me very sad to think you felt like a poster child.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also chose MASH--it made me laugh and cry.

    I've also got dysthymia as part of my mental health diagnosis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. (seems like several of us have the same answer to #4)

    ReplyDelete
  8. But the yellow-orange crap is so good!

    ReplyDelete