Saturday, April 18, 2020

Saturday 9: I Don't Care

Saturday 9: I Don't Care (2019)

 Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it
here.

1) This song begins with Ed Sheeran admitting he's not enjoying the party he's at. What's something you have to do this weekend, but don't want to do?

A. Cook a turkey. My husband decided that this should be the weekend we cook a turkey I bought on sale at Thanksgiving and stuck in the freezer. I'd intended to cook it Christmas but because I caught a respiratory thing I didn't fix it. Now it is thawing and must be cooked tomorrow.

2) Justin Bieber sings about trying to have a conversation at a party. Have you seen any of your social gatherings cancelled because of the Covid-19 pandemic?

A. My book clubs have been cancelled.

3) Both Ed and Justin conclude that this party -- and everything else -- is okay because they're with the ones they love. Who in your life always makes you feel comfortable and content?

A. Nobody ALWAYS does. Nor do I expect anyone to do so.

4) Ed and Justin have both appeared on The Simpsons. Are you a Simpsons fan?

A. I don't believe I have ever watched an entire episode.

5) Speaking of animation, Ed Sheeran has said that he'd love to do a Disney soundtrack, like Elton John's Lion King. Do you have a favorite Disney movie?

A. Now that Disney owns the Star Wars franchise, I guess it would be the original three Star Wars movies.

6) Justin Bieber is fluent in French, and Ed says he knows enough to get by. Say something to us in French.

A. Je pense que la réponse du gouvernement fédéral au virus est au mieux idiote. J’aspire à l’époque où les adultes étaient en charge.

7) Justin can solve a Rubik's Cube in less than two minutes. Are you good at puzzles?

A. Generally. I used to be able to solve a Rubik's Cube in less than two minutes but that was a long time ago. I doubt I could even solve it at the moment.

8) In 2019, the year this song was popular, 20 new governors took office. Tell us something about the governor of your state (or commonwealth)?

A. My governor is a physician and therefore I trust his judgment in dealing with a pandemic. He is not without flaws, but who is?

9) Random question: Did you more recently give a compliment, or receive one?

A. Gave one. I told my husband he was good at installing septic tanks and driving the backhoe. That is what he will be doing now that he has retired from the fire department.

______________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.

10 comments:

  1. I have seen all the Star Wars movies and glad you mentioned it. I kind of understand what you
    said in French and agree. I took one year of French.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Star Wars movies. Hard to think of Leia as a “”Disney Princess” but I guess she is.

    I speak no French, but I think I understood what you said ... I want adults to be in charge of the federal government, too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggled with the Disney question, lol. I love the first three Star Wars movies as well. And the music...John Williams is a national treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not doing it this weekend, but there is a turkey in our freezer that needs to be cooked, too. The original Star Wars movies are a good choice. I didn't think about all the other stuff Disney has bought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed your answers today.
    Have a great Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maine's CDC director is the most down-to-earth, compassionate, and steady person in this whole crisis. There are so many fan pages dedicated to him.

    And I concur with your french!

    ReplyDelete
  7. #6. Ain't that the truth. Let's hope...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Complaining about Trump in French sounds so much more elegant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh #8, how nice to have that perspective!
    That stinks about your book clubs. I bet you miss them. I am almost finished with the books I checked out at the library before it closed. I hope it opens back up. YIKES! Loved your answers! Have a great weekend.

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor book clubs. I really want to join one. I love the idea of bookclubes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.