Sunday, March 15, 2020

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. What is the wallpaper on your computer screen? Why did you choose it?

A. I have a simple solid blue background on my computer screen. I find photos on the screen mess with my head and make it hard to find my desktop items.

2. Who is the person you text the most in your life? What relation are you?

A. I text a friend I've known for a very long time every night. We're not related as far as I know. Just old friends.

3. Is there carpet or hardwood floor in your bedroom?

A. Hardwood flooring.

4. Do you believe in superstitious things such as breaking a mirror?

A. No. Knock wood. ::Throwing salt over my shoulder:: ::walking around a ladder:: ::avoiding the black cat:: Just kidding.

5. Do you like those ‘end of the world,’ ‘Armageddon’ movies?

A. Depends on how violent they are. I liked Waterworld and The Postman, and the second Mad Max movie. I also liked The Hunger Games trilogy.

6. Chocolate or strawberry birthday cake? Choose one.

A. Chocolate.

7. Do you eat more vegetables or fruits? What’s your favorite fruit/veggie?

A. I like peas for vegetables and I like berries for fruit.

8. Does the dentist calm you or does it tend to stress you out?

A. I like my dentist. She is very nice, and I don't mind seeing her at all.

9. If you had to choose, which is the worst movie you’ve ever seen?

A. Anything with Adam Sandler in it.

10. Have you ever found yourself talking to an inanimate object?

A. I do that all the time - in fact, I think most people now talk to Siri or Alexa or Cortana.

11. Do you like movies that are originally based on children’s books?

A. Depends on the movie and the book.

12. Is your hair more thick or thin? Is it more curly or straight?

A. I have very fine hair that is gradually turning from brown to "soft white," like a GE light bulb. It is mostly straight but has some curl in it, but that can change with the hair stylist.

13. Name something on the human body that grosses you out the most.

A. I am not particularly fond of feet.

14. What is your favorite color of apple? Red, green or yellow?

A. I like Granny Smiths, and they are green.

15. Do you hardly ever remember where you put things at?

A. That is a horrible sentence. Who wrote that sentence? Somebody call the Grammar Police! I have a felony here! Hurry! Hurry!  I think you're trying to ask, "Do you forget where you place things?" and the answer to that question would be: sometimes.

16. Do you ever lay in the grass and look up at the sky, just because?

A. I haven't done that in a long time because (a) I'm old and getting up from the ground is hard and (b) I'm allergic to grass.

17. Are you a controversial person? Do your views oppose others?

A. Again, I need the Grammar Police! Someone find this person and teach him or her how to write a sentence. My views are my views. I don't care whether or not anyone agrees with them.

18. Have you ever thrown a surprise party for someone? Who for?

A. You mean, "For whom?" do you not? The answer is yes, I have thrown two surprise parties. Both were for my husband and occurred while he was at work.

19. What would you say your average word per minute time is on the keyboard?

A. At one time I typed over 100 wpm on the keyboard. I just took a free test and it said I typed 69 wpm with 94% accuracy. I guess that's not bad for an aging woman.

20. Do you like fiction or non-fiction books more? What’s your favorite?

A. I prefer fiction books generally, but I read both. My favorite genre is fantasy but I also read contemporary literature, mysteries, an occasional romance, and "women's fiction," whatever that is.

21. Do you know how to play pool? Are you any good at it?

A. I do know how to play pool, and I was once a decent player. However, it has been many years since I played so I doubt I would be proficient at it now.

22. What was the most painful medical procedure you’ve ever had?

A. I have had multiple abdominal surgeries and they have all hurt. However, my gallbladder surgery left me in chronic pain that has lasted for the last seven years, so I will go with that one.

23. Are you someone who tends to take a whole lot of naps?

A. I do not nap. If I am napping, I am ill.

24. Have you ever been pulled over by the cops for speeding?

A. No.

25. Is anyone in your family a firefighter? Who is it anyway?

A. Why yes, someone in my family is a firefighter. He happens to be my husband and he is a battalion chief with a city fire department. During emergencies he has complete control of a fire scene and can have you arrested if you get in his way for impeding emergency services. He can shut down your restaurant if it is violating the fire codes. He has the life of half of the city (50,000 people) in his hands when he is on duty. You and society owe him and every other firefighter and emergency services person more than you could ever repay.

________________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

8 comments:

  1. Many grammar mistakes in those sentences. I don't have a firefighter in my family, but someone that works for the sheriff's department. Also, I say chocolate birthday cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do they bugger up a gall bladder operation and leave you in pain? That's awful! I hope the troubles have abated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remind me never to make any speling mistaks or to hardly make any grammetical erors when posting on you blog.

    ;o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - Enjoyed your answers. Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome that your husband is a battalion chief! So cool! They are literal life savers.
    I was cracking up reading your editing throughout your post. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am amazed at how many of us don't like feet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You would love the meals at the nursing home where I work. I swear they have peas every other day. I hate peas and I hate the way they smell, so I'm pretty sure about how often they serve them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your answer to #16. I imagine I'd be quite a sight, trying to get up off the grass.

    ReplyDelete