Sunday, February 09, 2020

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. Is it more important to love or be loved?

A. They are equally important. Loneliness is at an all-time high and is a known stressor, adding to early deaths of many, especially the elderly. They probably do love many people, but are not shown love in return (forgetful sons and daughters). But if they did not love, they would not generally be loved in return. They might be idolized or something, but that is not love.

2. If you had the chance to go back in time and change one thing, would you do it?

A. Yes.

3. If a doctor gave you five years to live, what would you try to accomplish?

A. I have a friend who has this diagnosis; she has been magnificent to watch, making the best of her life. She has traveled, visited all 50 states, and worked hard to maintain her quality of life. She's very inspiring - and I suspect, probably a better person than I am in this instance. I would probably continue floundering along. I like to think it might make me actually write that novel, but I doubt it. It is hard question to answer until you're actually faced with it for real.

4. What is the difference between innocence and ignorance?

A. Innocence is not knowing that there are different things, thoughts, and feelings about something in particular. Ignorance is knowing that there are differences and ignoring them without consideration.

5. What is the simplest truth you can express in words?

A. I am.

6. What gives your life meaning?

A. My writing, making other people happy, and chocolate.

7. Can there be happiness without sadness?  Pleasure without pain?  Peace without war?

A. Yes to all three.

8. What’s the one thing you’d like others to remember about you at the end of your life?

A. "She did the best that she could."

9. Is there such a thing as perfect?

A. Only if you are #45.

10. What do you love most about yourself?

A. My ability to be observant.

11. Is it more important to do what you love or to love what you are doing?

A. If you love what you are doing it stands to reason you are doing something you love to do. Are they not equivalent?

12. What do you imagine yourself doing ten years from now?

A. In 10 years I will be 66 years old. Hopefully I will still be writing, be healthier (and thinner), and maybe I will have traveled a little more.

13. What small act of kindness were you once shown that you will never forget?

A. My dentist saw me on a Saturday.

14. To what degree have you controlled the course your life has taken?

A. About 180 degrees.

15. If you looked into the heart of your enemy, what do you think you would find that is different from what is in your own heart?

A. Lies, deceit, and a lust for power.

__________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

7 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Chocolate - the meaning of life.

    Love it.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your answers to these. In the case of question #3, I would hope that I would do just what your friend has and enjoy every last minute I had on the earth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I asked the same thing about #11. And your friend...what an inspiration. I've met several people who are very gracious and strong in their circumstances in the last couple of years. I'm hoping that if I am ever in those shoes, I will behave similarly and inspire others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was the perfect answer, "Ignorance is knowing that there are differences and ignoring them without consideration." It was a tough question.

    You are a good writer because you're an excellent observer. No doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #8: that's the perfect answer. (Or "perfecto," as our POTUS would say.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and I had the same answser for #11.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got me thinking about innocence and ignorance. I wonder how many people support #45 in innocence and not ignorance.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.