Saturday, February 29, 2020

Saturday 9: On the Radio

Saturday 9: On the Radio

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) The action begins when a letter falls out of the pocket of a brown overcoat. What color is your coat?

A. Black

2) The lyrics ask if it "kinda strikes you sad when you hear our song." We don't want to be sad this Saturday, so we're asking what song makes you happy.

A. Uptown Funk.

3) Right before this song hit the charts, Donna Summer hit the cover of Newsweek. Are there any magazines in your home now? If yes, who is on the cover?

A. There's an AARP magazine that just came in the mail. It has Shania Twain on the cover. Apparently she's now AARP old.

4) Donna wrote the lyrics to this song, while producer Giorgio Moroder wrote the tune. Moroder is known as "the father of disco." Is disco a genre you enjoy?

A. Yes. I love disco. I always have.

5) This song got additional airplay throughout the 1980s because the game show The Price Is Right played it every time a contestant won a stereo. Today, the most popular audio equipment sold at Best Buy is a sound bar to improve the quality of TV audio. Have you added a sound bar or sound system to your TV?

A. We have a sound system that is at least 15 years old hooked up to our TV.

6) Moroder has won two Academy Awards for Best Song. The first was for "Flashdance . . . What a Feeling" from Flashdance and the second was for "Take My Breath Away" from Top Gun. Do you  have a favorite movie soundtrack?

A. I own the Lord of the Rings soundtracks, and I listen to them when I'm in the mood, but the one I think would be the best to own would be the soundtrack from Forrest Gump.

7) He grew up in Ortsei, Italy. Located in Northern Italy, the Ortsei economy is fueled by tourists who ski in winter, hike in summer and shop for woodcarvings all year around. Do out-of-towners find their way to your hometown more often in summer or winter?

A. More often in the summer.

8) Kourtney Kardashian was born in 1979, the year this record was a hit. Keeping Up with the Kardashians has been on since 2007. Have you ever seen it?

A. I have never watched an episode. Nor will I.

9) Random question -- When getting dressed in the morning, what's the second item of clothing you put on?

A. My underwear.

______________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.

7 comments:

  1. I have that AARP mag, too! And so does my boss -- I saw Shania peeping out of his brief case. Could this be the start of a Shaniassance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA, I think everyone is negative on #8.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might be the only Kardashian viewer. I wanted to see what the hype was about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeay ... another vote for (the) Forrest Gump soundtrack! I forgot about the AARP periodical; mine's probably busy collecting dust until my next purging episode.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you on the Kardashians! No thanks! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just looked up Lord of the Rings soundtracks and playing it as I check out the other Saturday 9 players, it is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Forrest Gump and Uptown Funk!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.