Monday, November 04, 2019

The Cutting of the Trees

On Friday, Those Tree Guys, a tree-cutting firm (established by a couple of firefighters), came out to remove three trees.

One was a pine in the back that had died. The other was one of the remaining blue spruces that have a fatal fungus, and the last was a huge ash tree that had been killed by ash borers.

Lots of photos here. I have little commentary except to say that I was sorry to see the blue spruce go, but it was dying and too close to the bedroom. The fellows did a great job of clean up and removal, too, for a very decent price. (I had a lot more photos to show you, but the blogger photo loader isn't working again, so I had to do a work-around that was tedious and taking a long time.)


The big and now dead ash tree.

Guy stuff.

They tied off the trees at the top (I missed how they managed to get the ropes up there).

This is the pine tree in the back.

This machine holds the rope taut so it will fall in the right direction as it is cut.

Cutting the tree.

And it's on the ground.

This is my one-beautiful blue spruce. This one really made my heart hurt.

There's a guy in the tree tying off the rope.

Cutting.

The tree is falling.

It is on the ground.

The ash tree required extensive climbing and cutting away of huge branches. The branches on this were as big
as some trees. I have more pictures, but, loading issues.

Mr. Young Gun up in the tree.

The cute little machine doing its clean up stuff.

The tree had a hollow spot.


And it's down.

1 comment:

  1. You live in a very beautiful area. Losing trees, even if they are not doing well, is always sad.

    Emerald ash borer? I asked an arborist — there is a "vaccine" but impractical to go through forests inoculating individual ash trees. So the infestation slowly encroaches....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.