Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Losing More Trees

Thursday we lost more trees. The last of the blue spruce (dying of fungus) was removed along with some dead or dying bull pines.

I don't know what this machine is called. Some kind of excavator hoe or something.







This blue spruce was the last to catch the fungus that killed the others, and it was not as dead-looking as they were. However, the fungus weakens the trees at the roots, making them susceptible to blowing over.

I had thought we might keep this one a little longer but my husband decided it could fall into the garage roof.

The other trees were farther from the house, but all of these changes have certainly changed my line of sight. In some instances I don't mind the new view, but I do dislike the changes that leave me looking at my neighbor's homes.

We will plant something back in the spring.

2 comments:

  1. I love blue spruce trees! I am sorry that you have lost so many due to this fungus. Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  2. For everything a season. Something new will replace the old and the old will still live in our hearts as memories to be shared and lived again on another day. Hope you and “hubby” have a nice Thanksgiving Anita!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.