Thursday, October 24, 2019

Thursday Thirteen

1. For a while there, I thought I might miss a Thursday. But nope. Here I am!

2. I know you're thrilled.

3. I am thrilled because NOW I can say, for real, that my magazine project is out of my hands. Yesterday it went to the layout/graphics/printing people. While I expect to be asked questions and called back for proofreading, the writing is done.

4. The magazine, for those who may have missed it, is a keepsake publication commemorating Botetourt County's 250th birthday, which is next year. The magazine will be out in late January 2020.

5. It was supposed to be 64 pages total but I had nearly 90 pages of copy and photos. The committee I was working with didn't want to delete anything, so this is going to be a little larger than anticipated.

6. Basically, I wrote a short book.

7. That is over and done with. My next project - working on the taxes for this year. Blah. No wonder I put it off!

8. My real project will be nursing my husband back to health after he has a surgery right before the holidays. At the moment, he's still working and all but he's limping. He's been limping. He is finally going to have his ankle fixed.

9. I did not take nursing in school. There's a reason for that.

10. Anyway, this year is shaping up to be a full one. I guess that is better than dull and boring, but only marginally so. The older I grow, the more I appreciate dull and boring.

11. It has been almost a year since my hairdresser retired. I haven't had a good haircut since. I had finally settled on a hairdresser at Supercuts, and she cut it twice in a row and I was managing, and then I went back last week for a cut . . . and she'd left. As in, doesn't work there anymore. I let someone else there cut it. Bad haircuts will continue to be in my future, I suppose.

12. I keep thinking today is Friday, which is one of the reasons I'm writing my Thursday Thirteen after 1 p.m.

13. I figured out it wasn't Friday, obviously. So here I am. I've come full circle.

________________
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 627th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

1 comment:

  1. I'm liking boring more and more and hate having to find a new hairdresser!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.