Sunday, September 29, 2019

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. If you could instill one piece of advice in a newborn baby’s mind, what advice would you give?

A. Time is the most valuable thing you have. Give it away wisely.

2. What is the most desirable trait another person can possess?


A. Intelligence.

3. What are you most grateful for?

A. My husband.

4. Is stealing to feed a starving child wrong?

A. It is wrong but not something I would punish.

5. What do you want most?


A. To be content.

6. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?

A. Doing the right things correctly.

7. What has life taught you recently?


A. That I am not a nurse.

8. What is the one thing you would most like to change about the world?


A. I would like for kindness and love to be predominate.

9. Where do you find inspiration?


A. Books, music, nature, other people, magazines, lip balm - inspiration is inside of me, it doesn't take much to trigger it sometimes.

10. Can you describe your life in a six word sentence?


A. She married young but lived well.

11. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?


A. Because we are creatures who dislike change, and learning implies change. Indeed, one cannot learn something and not change. So if we make a mistake and do not learn from it, then we have no change. But if we make a mistake and learn from it, then change comes.

12. What impact do you want to leave on the world?


A. I'd like to leave intelligent writings, since I have no offspring with which to burden the world.

13. What is the most defining moment of your life thus far?


A. The death of my mother.

14. In the haste of your daily life, what are you not seeing?


A. That I am stronger than I think I am in some ways, but not quite as strong as I think I am in others.

15. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?


A. Societal mores teach us that we must obey our corporate masters and be lemmings, one with the crowd. As social beings we need others to like us, so we work the job we hate and yearn for the trip to New Zealand.

16. What lifts your spirits when life gets you down?


A. A good song or a hug.

17. Have you ever regretted something you did not say or do?


A. Yes. I can't imagine living 56 years and not doing that.

18. Has your greatest fear ever come true?


A. Not for me, but it has for others and it wouldn't take much to put me in that position.

19. Why do we think of others the most when they’re gone?


A. Because we miss them.

20. What is your most beloved childhood memory?


A. I don't really have a "most beloved" childhood memory. I remember how much I needed school, though. It was my haven. Thank goodness for books and empathetic teachers.

__________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

8 comments:

  1. "Doing the right things correctly."

    Sounds so simple...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always say that there are no real mistakes in life ,only learning experiences unless you repeat them over and over again. Then they are mistakes. We judge ourselves much harder for the mistakes we make than the learning experiences in our lives. We are judged enough in life by others, we don’t need to do it to ourselves. I’ve had Lots of learning experiences and few mistakes.
    My most defining moment and greatest fear play off one another. It is when my father told me at 8 years old he hated me and Never wanted to see me again and walked out.... poof! My fear is that everyone I love will walkout or leave me alone in this world. So far ...holding true.Poof!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also "needed school," though more high school than grammar school. It was my home away from home and they sometimes had to shoo me out of the school so I would go home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way you qualified your answer in #3 about the starving child.. youre right... and that one I really had to think about the most...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you've achieved your goal of leaving intelligent writings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too would like more kindness in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah - at 56 you are the same age as I am (but not for long - 57 in a week sadly).

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.