Saturday, September 28, 2019

Saturday 9: Shake It Off

Saturday 9: Shake It Off (2014)

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) This song makes Crazy Sam want to dance. What song inspires you to get on your feet?

A. Uptown Funk, by Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars

2) Paul McCartney met Taylor Swift at the SNL 40 Anniversary special and told her he really enjoys playing and singing this song. What's the last song you sang along with?

A. Home, by Sheryl Crow

3) The lyrics tell us Swift "shakes off" nasty gossip and unfair criticism. What about you? Do you worry about what others think of you?

A. I suppose I do, but not as much as I once did. People think I'm kind of crazy anyway, so it's all good.

4) Her parents are big music fans, and were going to name their baby (boy or girl) "Taylor" after their favorite artist, James Taylor. Can you think of a singer that your mom and/or dad really enjoyed?

A. Any of the country music artists of their time. My father liked Merle Haggard and Hank Williams.

5) She grew up on an 11-acre Christmas tree farm. Do you get a fresh tree every year, or do you have an artificial tree, or do you not put up a tree at all?

A. We have an artificial tree.

6) Taylor Swift is 5'10". According to the CDC, the average American woman is 5'4" while men are, on average, 5'9". Are you taller or shorter than average?

A. I am 5' 2" on a good day with the wind at my back.

7) She enjoys good, old fashioned mysteries, especially those by Agatha Christie. Are you currently reading a book for pleasure?

A. I am reading The Lord of Rings trilogy again at the moment.

8) Her brother Austin is a freelance photographer who took the official pictures for her 2008 concert tour. Who took the last photo of you?

A. My brother's girlfriend took photos of me at a poetry reading on Tuesday.

9) Random question: What's your go-to comfy outfit?

A. Blue jeans, T-shirt, and blue thing. Blue thing is a fleece sweater-like thing. I have several blue things, some of which are not even blue, but they are all called "blue thing" after the original one, which I wore until it was nothing but threads.

___________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.

7 comments:

  1. Oh how could I forget Hank Williams.. that's another one of my dads. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am rereading the Darkover series by Marion Zimmer Bradley again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uptown Funk made my answers this week, too, but as the song I sang along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's strange that my favorite color is red, yet most of what I wear 80% of the time is blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love Bruno Mars!!! He is a favorite of mine.
    The Blue Thing sounds great! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems a lot of us are boogying to Uptown Funk. Have you ever watched the dance mash up of it on YouTube? It amazes me how well the old dance routines sync up with it. My grandson loves watching it and it's the first song he ever danced to!

    I hardly ever wear blue (except for jeans) but I'm trying to change that. I just ordered a blue sueded shirt with a matching short-sleeved turtleneck that I believe will become my favorite this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that Sheryl Crow song. The guitar stuff is gorgeous!
    I can see, very much, my grandmother's and mother's face in yours, especially in the photos on the other post. It was electrifying.

    ReplyDelete