Sunday, August 11, 2019

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. Have you ever had a great conversation with a complete stranger?

A. Yes, although they generally tend to be more weird than great.

2. Where did you go on the very first vacation of your life?

A. I have no idea. Probably camping at Myrtle Beach, SC but I'm not sure about that.

3. Open the door of your refrigerator. What is the first thing you see?

A. Mayonnaise.

4. What is your favorite place in your home?

A. My office, where I have my guitar, my computer, and my books, followed by my chair in the living room.

5. If you had wings to fly about the universe, where is the first place you’d land?

A. On a Class M planet to get a drink of water.

6. What is the first thing you do when you get in your car?

A. Adjust the mirrors.

7. What is special about the town you live in?

A. Ah, good ol' Botetourt. Next year she celebrates being 250 years old. Did you know at one point this county stretched all the way to the Mississippi and into Wisconsin? Loads of history here. This is a place full of scenic vistas. I don't live in a town, it's a rural area. But the best thing about it is I live here.

8. What is the last thing you heard about your first love?

A. That he was in a bad car accident that involved a fire truck. I don't know if he survived.

9. If you had created the world in seven days yourself, what would you have created on the First Day?

A. The world. You have to have the foundation first.

10. How do you beat the summer heat?

A. I stay inside in the air conditioning.

11. Did you enjoy your senior year in high school?

A. Not particularly.

12. Who is your favorite First Lady of all time?

A. Eleanor Roosevelt.

13. Post a link to your first blog post.

I was actually blogging on something called AOL Journals before I moved to Blogger, but it is long gone. Here is the first post with this blog: http://bluecountrymagic.blogspot.com/2006/08/new-beginning.html

14. When was the last time you needed First Aid?

A. You mean like a cut finger and a bandage? Or an emergency room? It's been a while for either.
 
15. Can you explain what a first down is in football?

A. It is where the offense has moved the ball 10 yards down the field from their starting position, wherever that was.

__________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

4 comments:

  1. Hey--someone else who chose Eleanor Roosevelt!

    I enjoyed your first couple of bog posts. So that was 2006--has the area developed, as you feared it would, yet, or do you still have pristine nature to look at>?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't seem like any of us love the heat. A/C seems to be our natural habitat during the summer. Eleanor Roosevelt is a good choice. She is in my top 2 or 3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite place is is actually my deck outside at night so I can stargaze and “ listen” to the quiet. But inside it seems to be the kitchen. Even with my mom gone, I seem to be in the kitchen more than any room of the house. Although my bedroom is trying to win me over. Guess I’m playing “catch -up” from sleep deprivation. I am however still waking up ever few hours until the sun comes up. Then I get to see what new adventure the day brings me!
    Always read your articles in the paper, told you that at the salon one day. I’ve been following your blog for about 5 years now. 3 years without responding ...just reading.(you know why) Your blog is informative,interesting, and friendly. I like when you add in your sense of humor to your writings.I enjoy it everyday!

    ReplyDelete