Sunday, August 04, 2019

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. Have you read anything by C.S. Lewis?

A. I read The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe in school, but I haven't read anything by Lewis in a long while. I have, however, read things about C. S. Lewis when I was reading a biography of J. R. R. Tolkien. They knew one another.

2. What is your favorite movie with Jack Nicholson?

A. Um. He is not one of my favorite actors. I know I saw The Shining but it's not a favorite movie. Maybe the Batman movie where he played the Joker.

3. What rhymes with 'orange'?

A. Absolutely nothing. There are a lot of close rhymes but nothing perfect. Anything that has "change" in it or something close could be considered a close rhyme.

4. Have you ever swallowed an object by accident?

A. Yes. Bugs, for instance. When I was young I downed some change, and occasionally I'd accidentally swallow chewing gum, back when I used to be able to chew gum.

5. Is your eyesight 20/20?

A. It has never been 20/20. I wear glasses.

6. Have you ever had insomnia?

A. I don't know anyone my age who hasn't.

7. Does it bother you when people touch you?

A. It depends on the person and the circumstances. A friend? Probably not. A strange? You betcha.

8. Is it better to get too much or too little sleep?

A. I prefer just the right amount, but too much sleep tends to leave me dysfunctional for the rest of the day.

9. What gets your adrenaline pumping?

A. Stupidity. I was going to add politics to that, but that's the same thing.

10. Do you ever talk about yourself in the third person?

A. Yes. I also talk to myself in the second person. I answer myself, too.

11. What's your favorite radio station? What kind of music do they play?

A. I listen to three stations: NPR, and two others that play a mix of music from the 1980s to current. NPR has news and talk shows that I like, and sometimes I listen to classical music there.

12. Do you believe there is any place still undiscovered in all the world?

A. Yes. Lots of places in the ocean are not explored, and I expect there are even places in the United States that have not been touched by the eyes of an European in ages.

13. Ever caught a fish?

A. Yes. Baited my own hook, too.

14. Were you ever in the first row of a concert?

A. I actually do not like the first row. I don't think you can see or hear as well in the first row because you're too close to the stage. We usually try for the third row, and we managed to get that for a Jeff Dunham show once.

15. Do you have any autographs?

A. Yes. I have many, many books with author's autographs in them. In fact I have a huge box of them, and it's labeled "These are signed books, do not throw out."

__________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

7 comments:

  1. Ha! I have all my signed books together on one shelf...even though it kills my one OCD tendency to have all books grouped by author and in chronological order...because I live in fear that my kids will throw them away when I die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a few loose autographs but they were destroyed. I do have a guitar pic that belonged to BB King. Like you I hate getting to much sleep but I would like a little more than I get now since I average about 3.5 to 4 hours a night. When I was a kid I loved to fish. Had my own bambo pole! And I took bait my own hook! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff Dunham is hilarious. He really puts on a good show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like the first row either (for plays; I don't go to concerts now)but in an argument with my knees, my knees win out and I usually sit in the front now.

    BTW, I left a lengthy msg in answer to yours on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The thought of a place left untouched makes me happy. I LOVE Jeff Dunham so much! Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems like a lot of people have swallowed bugs by mistake. Apparently we eat spiders at night by accident too. But let's not even think about that (I HATE spiders).

    :o)

    I've heard of Jeff Dunham too. He's very funny.

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete