Saturday, July 27, 2019

Saturday 9: Come Knock on Our Door

Saturday 9: Come and Knock on Our Door (1976)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This week's song was the theme to Three's Company, a sitcom that ran for eight seasons. Were you a fan?


A. I watched it. I believe when that show ran I could only get two channels and it was on one of them.

2) The Three's Company theme was composed by Joe Raposo, who also wrote the theme to Sesame Street. Can you recall any of the lyrics to the Sesame Street song?

A. "Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street?" That's all I know.

3) The lyrics to this song invite you to "come and knock on our door." What's the last door you knocked on (or the most recent doorbell your rang)?

A. I guess that would have been my mother-in-law's door. My husband doesn't knock, he just goes on in, but I knock.

4) Three's Company was about three roommates who live together platonically, sharing a two bedroom apartment. Tell us about a roommate who shared your living quarters.

A. Other than my immediate family, I have only lived with my husband. He is a man's man, strong, brave, quiet, and stubborn. He had a full head of reddish brown hair when we married nearly 36 years ago, but now he is mostly bald with sides of grey. He is 6' 1" tall (I'm 5' 2" tall) and strong. He enjoys the outdoors and life on the farm suits him. He would much rather be outside doing something than sitting at a desk. He works three jobs and always has - he is battalion chief with the city fire department, he farms, and he installs septic tanks. He likes to snuggle and he's very gentle with me. He says I am his sweetie pie.

5) Each of the roommates has a profession: Jack is a cook, Chrissy is a secretary (aka administrative assistant) and Janet is a florist. When did you last buy flowers?

A. I suppose I sent some to a funeral home somewhere but I can't remember when or who passed away. I'm at that age where people seem to be dying quite often. Not the same people, of course. Different people.

 6) They often meet their neighbor, Larry, at a nearby bar called The Regal Beagle. What's the name of the establishment where you most recently enjoyed an adult beverage?

A. I don't drink. The last time I ate out, we went to Cracker Barrel.

7) Their meddling landlord was Mr. Roper. He was cheap, nosy, and very talented at fixing things around the building. How much are you like Mr. Roper? Are you frugal? Nosy? A handy do-it-yourselfer?


A. I am frugal. I don't think I am nosy although I suppose since I was a news writer I must have a little of that in me, just not in the "need something to gossip about" way. I do a lot of things myself, mostly because I have to, but generally nothing complicated.

8) Three's Company was controversial again, more than 15 years after it ceased production. In March 2001, Nick at Nite re-edited an episode after a viewer called, alerting the network that a bit too much of John Ritter was visible in his blue boxer shorts. Have you ever called, emailed or written to, a TV station to complain?

A. I wrote to keep Cagney & Lacey on the air a very long time ago, but that wasn't to complain except for the cancellation part. I once called the local station about its tendency to increase the volume during commercials, although of course they said they don't do that (they do).

9) Random question -- Is the screen on your cellphone cracked?

A. No, and I have a protective glass covering over it, one that was advertised as military grade.

___________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.

8 comments:

  1. #4 -- Your hubs sounds like quite a guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, boy, we are meeting lynn's cousins for dinenr at Cracker Barrel tonight... That will be a treat! Might see you there! heheheh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not nosy either, but oh sometimes I wish I was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked your roommate description! :) And you made me laugh with your answer to #5. I am glad it isn't the same people over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I HATE the increased volumes during commercials. Maybe it's not the local station, but the network? In any event, I hate it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you describe your husband. So very sweet! He sounds wonderful. I am glad you have such a great man.
    I laughed at #5...but being serious...I feel the same way, a lot of people are dying. I guess it is just pat of life and I am at that age, but it is hard. Loved your answers! Have a great weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your description of your roommate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your roommate..Aw... so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.