Thursday, May 30, 2019

Thursday Thirteen

1. I am too depressed by the state of the country to be into writing a Thursday 13.

2. Because we're not the America I thought we were. I suspect we never were.

3. Propaganda is everywhere, man. It has been all along. Only now it's got a fascist tone.

4. I'm watching my own personhood be destroyed as the rights of women decline and erode.

5. Today I realized that the new "REAL ID" that the state and feds are requiring in order to fly is actually going to cause a lot of women and poor people to be unable to jump on a plane if their mom who lives in Oregon dies.

6. The reason for my outrage are the requirements. A deed, or mortgage payment statement. What if the property is only in one spouse's name? It requires a paycheck stub or a W-2. What if you're a homemaker, and you don't work?

7. That's just one of the many outrages that I find frustrating about living in this country now.

8. Don't tell me to leave, either, if that's what you're thinking. I can trace my family roots back to the Revolutionary War. I belong here.

9. I wonder where we are going to end up. A Christian theocracy, run by the oligarchy, looks like.

10. We'd deserve to be called the American Taliban in that case.

11. I know there are some people out there who would like that. I'm not one of them.

12. Guess it is a good thing I am old enough to die.

13. At the rate things are going, I suspect that will happen sooner rather than the later it would have 10 years ago. I know there are people who prefer that happen quickly, too. They're not the kind of people I associate with.

___________________
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 606th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

6 comments:

  1. I feel somehow comforted knowing you and so many others see this. I could check every line here. I have never felt so close to just giving up caring. Hang in there. I need to take my own advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your header gives me so much p[eace and joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, please don't give up. Our democracy lives when we don't give up. Those small-minded men and women may think they are taking our rights away, but they aren't. Big hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with what you said, Anita. I've been thinking these same thoughts lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not only woman’s rights, but the rights of too many are being stepped on, over looked or totally trashed for the benefit of pockets and bank accounts being filled and egos being stroked and built to monstrous proportions. Movies and books such as the Hunger Games may be more prolific than fiction. Not the country and freedoms that I hope that our soldiers have died protecting over the years. .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy your blog.
    It is full of interesting things.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.