Saturday, May 04, 2019

Saturday 9: Don't Envy Me

Saturday 9: Don't Envy Me (1963)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) What is it about you that you believe your friends and acquaintances envy?

A. Not much, although I know there have been times in the past that folks have been envious of my work with the newspaper. I even had a few people say to me, "I could do that, you're nothing special," and if that's not an envy statement I don't know what is. I would always reply, "You should apply to the editor, then. He can use more freelancers." But they never did.

2) Do you have a friend or acquaintance that you envy?

A. I have friends and acquaintances with traits I admire. I don't think I envy them, though. I do envy folks who have good health.

3) This song was not a hit, even though it was written and produced by the supersuccessful team of Burt Bacharach and Hal David. Tell us about a project you had great confidence in at the beginning, but didn't turn out as well as you'd hoped.

A. Knitting. I really thought I'd be decent at knitting and it wouldn't take me long to get the hang of it, because I did it when I was a child and was fairly good at it. But no. My knitting projects look like a cat spit them out.

4) George Hamilton is better known as an actor. He is proud of his performance in the 1960 movie Light in the Piazza. He played an Italian who romances an American girl on holiday in Florence. Did you ever find love while vacationing?

A. No. I found love at a football game.

5) George had a small part in Godfather III. How many of the Godfather movies have you seen? Have you read the book?

A. I have seen pieces of the original movie. Never read the book. Not my genre.

6) He's gotten a lot of publicity over the years for his personal life, including his 1966 romance with First Daughter Lynda Bird Johnson. At the time, she was living in the White House. Tell us about a memorable experience you had "meeting the parents."

A. I'll just tell this story: when my husband and I were dating, and close to the proposal part, we went out one night and went parking out at Stone Coal Gap. While we were out, we heard noises. Stone Coal Gap is supposed to be haunted (remember, I was only 19). At some point we both grew nervous and raced out of there. When we got to my house, we went inside and my parents were still up. My mother looked at me. "Why is your shirt on wrong-side out?" she asked. "I guess I put it back on that way," I said. I'll let you, dear reader, figure out how that happened.

7) George is also known for his year-round tan. Have you ever used a tanning bed? Or self tanner?

A. I tried a tanning bed one time and got so claustrophobic I was out of there in less than a minute.

8) In 1963, when this record was released, President Kennedy made a historic trip to Ireland. Have you ever visited the land of your ancestors?

A. I have not.

9) Random question -- The last of a batch of delicious chocolate chip cookies just fell on your kitchen floor. Would you eat it?

A. Depends. Do I get them up in 5 seconds? Surely if some landed on top of others those would be just fine to eat. The broken ones . . . hmm. They'd probably be okay, too. Heck, a little dirt never hurt anyone. Let me just sweep up those crumbs.

___________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.

10 comments:

  1. I love your answers! #6 is funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #6..too funny! Loved reading your answers! Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I can only hope that one of these days the question will ask us to relate our story about finding love at the football game! I think you have a good story to tell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh #1...that is just ugly for someone to say to you or anyone else. I do not understand people. You are right, that is a comment coming from envy. I do admire that you are a writer. I think that is very cool.
    Um...#6 girl! That made me laugh! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was the perfect answer to those not so nice folks in #1. Put them in their place without having to sink to their level. And #6....I can't believe you just blurted that out! I would have died.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had problems with knitting too. For one thing I'm left handed an that made it difficult for anybody to teach me. I did make a very simple blanket for our daughter and I made a sweater for Walt that fit so badly he wore it once and never again. And of course, I loved your answer to #6!

    ReplyDelete
  7. While I'm ok in a tanning bed, I understand your answer. I tried group meditation once. ONCE! It's hard for me to "relax" like that in a dimmed room full of other people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just like Bev I tried knitting with my left hand and yes no one was able to help me. That was the only craft I wasn't able to do. You had me laughing at your #6 answer. BTW, what is the 3 second rule you mentioned on my site. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your answers were all so much fun!
    #6 is such a scream! I'll bet some interesting convo then ensued! That reminds me of the song that Pete Seeger used to sing about Mama wearing her nightgown inside out...
    Knitting isn't something that is that is easier to get the hang of if you are young to start with. The older you are the more pressure you put on yourself to excel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. After reading your answer for #9 I realized that I answered the wrong question. I thought it said cookie dough,I just that is what I get for answering the questions at 4 AM.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.