Friday, April 12, 2019

A Perfect Day

Waking with sleepies in my eyes
my heart soft from a dream
where people were nice, friendly, calm
life is good.

Shower is hot, bacon is warm, eggs scrambled
like a jigsaw puzzle in a box
a little exercise Tai Chi in the grass
just to be good.

Reading on a novel where the heroine is moving
forward to become a better someone
because character building is what it takes
to make a novel good.

Sipping on a cool glass of water
hearing turkeys gobble in the distance
watching a deer graze in the field
this is good.

Hearing from a friend someone who loves me
regardless of who I think I am because that is
not really who I am
because I am good.

A soft kiss, a quiet sigh, holding hands
in the twilight watching the sun sink below
North Mountain, catching the first glimpse of starlight
oh it is good.

_____________________

Linking up with Kwizgiver's April Challenge. You can find the prompts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.